Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Would you like to see SFX Redrawn in Ore no Imouto?
Yes, redraw them and typeset them in English
Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects. - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
No, leave a side note depicting what they are
Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects. - Page 2 Vote_lcap67%Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 67% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Tran Linh
Trollin' the forums since 1981
Tran Linh

Location : in a maid cafe in Akiba? or behind you? who knows :O

Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects.   Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:33 pm

@Kantori: you like our chapter 20 or Azura's Chapter 20? (and remember that we already release those "missing pages" at the beginning of volume 3, meaning chapter 15). So just go up to the contents, please.

@Rue: it's up to YOUR decision, not mine actually. I can translate but I can't do editing work. Still I think you have done a fabulous job in chapter 20. If it were me, I would prefer you to go the same way for chapter 20. I can advise you as I have a bit of experiences with manga but of course, it all depends on the situation. Ore no Imouto is not an easy manga for editors to make a "everyone's choice". You can satisfy this person, but the next person won't, it's just like that...

And, I'm afraid to say this: but people's preference just crash against others' every now and then, so it's up to the scanlator to do what they think what's best for the manga.
Back to top Go down
https://xscansx.forummotion.com
rue
u know? Spam is a crime...
rue

PostSubject: Re: Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects.   Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:47 pm

ah alright. Well first off, I'd like to see if Kantori would like to be on the ore no imouto Quality checking team since she's so passionate about the series. I could do this though, compromise and clean it twice. And have a vote on who likes which version. It all depends on how much time I have this week though. In chapter 22 there's alot of little SFX around on patterns and people's shoulders. It seems like the artist is trying to get evermore artistic with his SFX. Before it was simple but now it's gotten to covering house roofs and entire panels with a simple Shi~~~~n.

Tran I'd like you to take a look over the raws quickly if you have time and just decide. I personally think in this chapter at least, with all the re patterning that's in queue, it'd subtract from the quality of the work. I'll take a look over chapter 23 quickly and get back to you on that.
Back to top Go down
Tran Linh
Tran Linh

Location : in a maid cafe in Akiba? or behind you? who knows :O

PostSubject: Re: Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects.   Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:50 pm

actually, if you asked me now, I can't...since I haven't slept for so long that I forgot how many days I have not slept. I need to make a credit page for love so life, and then combine three chapters because the typesetting work was shared and now I need to do it quick. I will get back to Ore no Imouto soon though.
Damn....work is starting soon.
Back to top Go down
https://xscansx.forummotion.com
rue
rue

PostSubject: Re: Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects.   Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 7:53 pm

Haaaaaa, once again. The artist is getting bolder with his SFX. Give the word and I'll do it tran, but Like I said, he's taking even the small SFX and putting them in awkward places. Meaning over character faces, or making them stretch entire panels. From the poll it looks like most people are purists. Also since I can almost guarantee that the artist is going to keep getting more artistic as he progresses through the series it'll get harder and harder to redraw.

Is it worth the time to redraw a SFX of kirino gripping a pillow and risking damaging the art?
Yes or No. Up to you I've gotta go eat lunch.

---------------------
ignore this for now. Don't worry this doesn't take priority over your life.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Kidnapper
*Yawn*
*Yawn*
Mr. Kidnapper

PostSubject: Re: Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects.   Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 12:23 am

That's why, whenever I clean a page, I create a layer for the redrawn + translated and a layer for the original SFXes.. If you can do both, solves the problem.
Back to top Go down
rue
rue

PostSubject: Re: Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects.   Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 12:27 am

Fair enough. Then the Typesetter chooses which page? o-O
Back to top Go down
uuuhhh
Minions Unite!
Minions Unite!
uuuhhh

PostSubject: Re: Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects.   Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:10 am

LOL lethal debate.... Its all up to u... Rue Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rue
rue

PostSubject: Re: Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects.   Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:19 am

That sir, is a pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
uuuhhh
Minions Unite!
Minions Unite!
uuuhhh

PostSubject: Re: Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects.   Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:20 am

Why thank you,... Do you want any help then?
Back to top Go down
rue
rue

PostSubject: Re: Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects.   Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:28 am

No i mean, I could just leave all the sfx. But tran will think I'm lazy, and the fans will think I'm a hero.

Or redraw the SFX Tran will be happy, but the fans will think I'm a douchebag at that point.

DECISIONS DECISIONS.
Back to top Go down
rue
rue

PostSubject: Re: Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects.   Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:36 am

Haaaa, well looking at the poll I'll be leaving chapter 22 untouched while cleaning. Time to restart.
Back to top Go down
rue
rue

PostSubject: Re: Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects.   Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:38 am

I'm not redoing chapter 21 at this point.
Back to top Go down
Haruhilulu
Minions Unite!
Minions Unite!
Haruhilulu

Location : At my desk, reading/watching/playing anime, manga mmo's

PostSubject: Re: Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects.   Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:48 am

I don't think you have too xD Maybe future chapters, thats better don't you think?
Back to top Go down
rue
rue

PostSubject: Re: Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects.   Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 1:56 am

True, but I was only 7 pages into chapter 22 anyways

chapter 21's already done so I'm not even gonna bother redoing that lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects.   Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ore no Imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai Sound Effects.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top