Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

You guy's opinion on using topaz deniose

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
biscuits
Minions! Minions Everywhere!
biscuits

You guy's opinion on using topaz deniose  Empty
PostSubject: You guy's opinion on using topaz deniose    You guy's opinion on using topaz deniose  EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 10:03 pm

Reading the discussion about cleaning out the Sfx reminded me of something (or a complaint rather) I read a long time ago about using topaz deniose and how it often ruins the original form of the artwork. While cleaning LSL, I used topaz for lower quality raws, but recently I've stopped using topaz on the high quality raws. I personally like the grainy-ness of the shading... but thats just my personal preference. Some people are against the use of topaz while others love the look of it. I guess im a bit in between, I've tried denoising on a duplicated layer and erasing denoised areas on certain gradients or patterns because it looks like a strange blur to me. Anyway, my point is.... What are u guys preference on denoising? All noise/grains gone, a little bit of noise, or no denoising at all? Do you think denoising is a must? Or some tips on denoising
Back to top Go down
Redbull Zombie
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
Redbull Zombie

PostSubject: Re: You guy's opinion on using topaz deniose    You guy's opinion on using topaz deniose  EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 10:11 pm

i dont use denoise, i dont see a huge difference
Back to top Go down
Parallax
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
Parallax

PostSubject: Re: You guy's opinion on using topaz deniose    You guy's opinion on using topaz deniose  EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 10:18 pm

I like the look of it sometimes. Just so smooth. I guess its easier on the eyes, especially when looking at a screen.
Back to top Go down
rue
u know? Spam is a crime...
u know? Spam is a crime...
rue

PostSubject: Re: You guy's opinion on using topaz deniose    You guy's opinion on using topaz deniose  EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 10:36 pm

I use it on Ore no Imouto, just because the artist uses a billion patterns and screen tones.

It looks more appealing once I use a denoise filter on it.
And yes for some parts of images I just can't use denoise, for example the sidebars on the magazine raws look horrible once you denoise them(ore no imouto once again). So I just the Marquee tool and select the main area of the page and leave out the sidebar while denoising.

For ore no imouto, I use a the moderate JPEG preset and fool around using that as a reference point. So reducing the blur, and playing with the shadows and highlights.

Denoising isn't a MUST, I use it, see if I like it, and make my choice on whether I use it depending on how it looks.

I haven't seen the raws for LSL so I can't really say anything about that, but for some art styles it just doesn't work out.
/end noobish opinion.
Back to top Go down
Dreams
Maniac =.=!
Maniac =.=!
Dreams

PostSubject: Re: You guy's opinion on using topaz deniose    You guy's opinion on using topaz deniose  EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:27 am

i was going to use it for ChibiDevi! when i first cleaned it but i saw that just using curves and levels were just fine =p
Back to top Go down
uuuhhh
Minions Unite!
Minions Unite!
uuuhhh

PostSubject: Re: You guy's opinion on using topaz deniose    You guy's opinion on using topaz deniose  EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:04 am

I don't use it but I find that sometimes it easier and quicker
It mainly depends on the raw
if it's pretty bad I use it, if not, I don't use it
Back to top Go down
biscuits
biscuits

PostSubject: Re: You guy's opinion on using topaz deniose    You guy's opinion on using topaz deniose  EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:07 pm

Ohhh I see... thanks for sharing, guys! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't committing a cleaning crime or something haha clown ... and I was curious about how many people like or dislike the look of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You guy's opinion on using topaz deniose    You guy's opinion on using topaz deniose  Empty

Back to top Go down

You guy's opinion on using topaz deniose

View previous topic View next topic Back to top