Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
rue
u know? Spam is a crime...
rue

SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 6:28 am

mm, for projects, it's more along the lines of whether we have a translator who wants to do it or not. Not so much whether our editors are willing to do it.

Cleaners, hate to say it, are easy to find. People who know other languages, and are willing to translate are rare. Especially those who are enthusiastic about the projects they want to do.

As for the fans/bloggers... we haven't had many stick around to be honest. They come and go every week or so. Plus we don't actually get to know them well enough to hold their opinions in high regard.
Hopefully that will change when we move to our new site. lol.
Back to top Go down
aku720
Hatchling
Hatchling
aku720

PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 7:47 am

i dont know the things in deep that how the community of scanlators works Question
but if its only about the interest of the translator and not about the profit and loss or the about professionalism(making a living) then it cant be argued Evil or Very Mad

as for the fans/blogger i clearly used the term "old ones" that excluded the ones u mentioned above. Exclamation

well we ppl(fans/bloggers) cant force any one to work especially if the person doesn't feels like doing it ,we can only suggest what we like (and i was suggesting only as this forum goes by)

and i think so how you guys do the thing(selecting the projects) is the best way after all, by translating the manga which the translator likes that way he will at least be able to enjoy his work

but still you guys are cool (not slaves) who provide is with scan so we are THANKFUL Smile
thanx for the reply
SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 907739
(apologizing if i sounded rude in any way)
Free Myspace Avatars @ Free-Avatars.com
Back to top Go down
aku720
Hatchling
Hatchling
aku720

PostSubject: Btooom   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 6:10 am

stumbled across another interesting manga,Btooom, this one really looks interesting , promising and fun and i hope it could be considered seriously by XscansX
none of the chapter scanlated by any team so no conflicts
manga looks like cage of eden type

Genre: Action Mature Psychological Sci-fi Seinen
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=45009

http://rawmanga1st.blogspot.com/2011/07/btooom.html

SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 Btooom%2521
SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 Btooom%2521%2BFull

i really hope it gets selected
Back to top Go down
Tran Linh
Trollin' the forums since 1981
Trollin' the forums since 1981
Tran Linh

Location : in a maid cafe in Akiba? or behind you? who knows :O

PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 9:39 pm

finished reading volume 1. Good stuff, very good, especially i'm into survival stuff like Battle Royale and Suicide Island...i'm checking out if we have available editors then.
Back to top Go down
https://xscansx.forummotion.com
hadou
well, at least it's better than meh
hadou

PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 9:44 pm

If it is like Cage of Eden, I second the aku720's thought.
Back to top Go down
aku720
Hatchling
Hatchling
aku720

PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 9:59 pm

even if the project cant be started right away alteast we should declare it as our future project officially so that no one takes it
we can start when there is sufficient staff

Last edited by aku720 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lacrima
Meh...
Meh...

PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 10:37 pm

Zero In. That's a good book
Back to top Go down
bluethunder
Hatchling
Hatchling
bluethunder

PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:42 am

Tran Linh wrote:
finished reading volume 1. Good stuff, very good, especially i'm into survival stuff like Battle Royale and Suicide Island...i'm checking out if we have available editors then.

What're the criteria for being an editor?
Back to top Go down
rue
rue

PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:14 am

1. Being familiar with photoshop CS3 or above.
(Knowing how to use the: Brush tool, Clone tool, Pen tool, Marquee tool, Ruler Tool, Crop tool, and image adjustments. Probably some more crap that I forgot.)
2. Being able to clean text from bubbles.
3. Being able to remove text from on top of pictures and redraw what should have been behind it.
4. Being able to "Level" the page so that the Blacks are completely black, and whites are completely white.
5. Being able to do the job repetitively for tons of pages in a reasonable amount of time.

mm, basically get photoshop and you can learn the rest.
Back to top Go down
bluethunder
Hatchling
Hatchling
bluethunder

PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 5:57 pm

rue wrote:
1. Being familiar with photoshop CS3 or above.
(Knowing how to use the: Brush tool, Clone tool, Pen tool, Marquee tool, Ruler Tool, Crop tool, and image adjustments. Probably some more crap that I forgot.)
2. Being able to clean text from bubbles.
3. Being able to remove text from on top of pictures and redraw what should have been behind it.
4. Being able to "Level" the page so that the Blacks are completely black, and whites are completely white.
5. Being able to do the job repetitively for tons of pages in a reasonable amount of time.

mm, basically get photoshop and you can learn the rest.

So, is that like what a cleaner does? hmmmm.....I might want to consider doing this. Not right now, but later on. How long does it take on average to learn this stuff to be competent in it?
Back to top Go down
gstrakyags
gstrakyags

PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:39 pm

Maybe City of Darkness ?

http://www.mangasun.com/city-of-darkness/

SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 Jiulong01001b1300x938

SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 Jiulong01017800x1164

I donĀ“t know how is the story......but it looks interesting but at first place please scanlate Btooom i think the story is much better than City of Darkness
and the art looks also very cool and interesting all of us would be very happy if you can scanlate it :)
Back to top Go down
bluethunder
Hatchling
Hatchling
bluethunder

PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:21 pm

gstrakyags, what's your favorite manga?

Wink
Back to top Go down
hadou
hadou

PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:33 pm

I could not find any information about City of Darkness on manga updates. The poster does look good though.
Back to top Go down
gstrakyags
gstrakyags

PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:42 pm

bluethunder wrote:

;)

What a question........^^

Sun-ken Rock

and yours?
Back to top Go down
bluethunder
Hatchling
Hatchling
bluethunder

PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:11 pm

gstrakyags wrote:
bluethunder wrote:

Wink

What a question........^^

Sun-ken Rock

and yours?

Rofl

Love so Life at the moment. If its an older series, probably Inuyasha and Maison Ikkoku before that. I'm not as crazy as Weaper haha, but I do love me some SKR too!
Back to top Go down
Weaper
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
Weaper

PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:15 pm

SKR ? someone said SKR ?!?

Well on topic with the thread, I recommend to pick up Rakia by Boichi (Very Happy). It's 5 volume and completed.
I'll have the French raws in early 2012, I can do from editing (clean+TS) to TL.
If you want so pic of it, look here : http://sunkenrock.com/site/Art/Pages/Rakia.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunkenrock.com
bluethunder
Hatchling
Hatchling
bluethunder

PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:25 pm

Weaper wrote:
SKR ? someone said SKR ?!?

Well on topic with the thread, I recommend to pick up Rakia by Boichi (Very Happy). It's 5 volume and completed.
I'll have the French raws in early 2012, I can do from editing (clean+TS) to TL.
If you want so pic of it, look here : http://sunkenrock.com/site/Art/Pages/Rakia.html

It's almost creepy how you show up wherever SKR is mentioned...... Shocked
Back to top Go down
hados9
Meh...
Meh...

PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:09 am

hey can i please suggest this manga as i have received knowledge that the main scanning group that did this manga has broke up and there has not been any other scanilation group that has taken it up and i'm in love with it and there are raws up to 16 in japan and they are up to 7 on every website and i really want to read it here is a link and please let me know what you think

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/akatsuki/

cheers hados9
Back to top Go down
zombieraja
Meh...
Meh...
zombieraja

PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:13 pm

I found this gr8 series on the lines of sundome with borderline-H SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 195207 its called 'DESIRE' by kotani kenichi was dropped a year ago ...

Last edited by zombieraja on Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aku720
Hatchling
Hatchling
aku720

PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:19 pm

this series is considered "completed"
Back to top Go down
zombieraja
Meh...
Meh...
zombieraja

PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 1:28 pm

Completed isn't allowed???
Back to top Go down
Weaper
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
Weaper

PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 2:11 pm

zombieraja wrote:
Completed isn't allowed???
why wanting to scanlate something already scanlated ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunkenrock.com
zombieraja
Meh...
Meh...
zombieraja

PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 2:54 pm

It isnt scanlated completely only 5 volumes were scanlated total 25 volumes... only the series is complete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS   SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

SUGESTIONS FOR FUTURE PROJECTS

View previous topic View next topic Back to top