Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Cleaning manga pages

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wastedfreetime
Meh...
Meh...

Cleaning manga pages Empty
PostSubject: Cleaning manga pages   Cleaning manga pages EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 2:18 am

So I have this issue with manga cleaning. I want to be able to clean and delete the polka dots pixels that are in manga prints. Anyone know of any way to get rid of those dots without messing up the line arts?
Back to top Go down
rue
u know? Spam is a crime...
rue

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning manga pages   Cleaning manga pages EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 2:28 am

Post an example of what you mean? o-o;
In some cases the polka dot pixels are patterns, but I'm not sure what you mean in this case.
Back to top Go down
wastedfreetime
Meh...
Meh...

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning manga pages   Cleaning manga pages EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:12 am

Whoops heh it was late so I totally forgot sorry. Here is an example of what I was talking about.

http://read.sc-scans.com/?manga=The+Legend+of+Maian&chapter=053#page=11

On the top panel of this image her cape and hair is all covered in polka dots. I want to be able to get rid of them and get a line art outline but because the polka dots are the same black as the line art itself I can't seem to be able to get rid of it.

http://kukudm.com/comiclist/543/13637/134.htm

Here is close-up of another picture where her panties, sweater, and skin is covered in polka dots. I essentially want to be able to make a line art outline of different drawings so I can easily color it in photoshop however when I do "load selection" those polka dots would always show up in the transparent image.

Is there some sort of cleaning trick to be able to get rid of these polka dots? They're even more noticeable in larger images and those are usually the ones that are nice to color.
Back to top Go down
rue
rue

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning manga pages   Cleaning manga pages EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:36 am

Huh, I'll experiment a bit later when I'm on a computrr. But off the top of my head,, I can think of two ways that might work.

Rather than cleaning the dots off, you should try selecting the black lines and copy them to a new layer. Either with the magic wand tool, or select them by doing:
(Top toolbar) select>select color range>click on the black outlines.

That or brushing over them manually which would be a pain in the butt.

Can't actually try these for you since I'm on my phone lol.
Back to top Go down
wastedfreetime
Meh...
Meh...

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning manga pages   Cleaning manga pages EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:09 pm

Not exactly sure how the magic wand would help since if you use it the lines would be all jagged and if u lower the tolerance it wouldn't get all the lines. And the color select would copy the polka dots as well as the lines since the're both the same color. Using a brush to get rid of the polka dots would work however that is alot of work considering you have to zoom in at like 500% to get rid of the dots near the finer details like the hair and eyes. I was thinking if there was some easy way to make the lines darker and the dots lighter somehow. Then I can utilize the color select to get rid of it.
Back to top Go down
rue
rue

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning manga pages   Cleaning manga pages EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:16 pm

Not entirely sure .-.
Though cleaning them off would be cleaning it. Literally lol.

That or use the pentool like a pro and recreate the lines .-.

Not sure, never worked with colouring jobs before o-o.
You could make a new layer and just brush over the patterned areas, and make new layers for each coloured area.

Not really sure lol.
Back to top Go down
wastedfreetime
Meh...
Meh...

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning manga pages   Cleaning manga pages EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:24 pm

I was hoping there was another way. Only way I can think of getting rid of it was drawing the line arts manually which is a pain in the ass. OR to color the line art polka dots to be the same color as the background color but then I'd have to tip toe around the line arts like nose and what not which is more work than just redrawing the line arts. Either way it is a sad face for me. If anyone know of some easy way to get rid of them do tell me please.

Here is a close up of the polka dots that I was referring to if people still haven't notice.
http://wastedfreetime.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/untitled-1.png
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning manga pages   Cleaning manga pages Empty

Back to top Go down

Cleaning manga pages

View previous topic View next topic Back to top