HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Nozomi to Kimio

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MizuNyan
well, at least it's better than meh
well, at least it's better than meh
avatar

Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-03-03
Age : 24
Location : 天上界

PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:31 pm

そうなの?遠慮しとく・・私は此処でいい。。。気持ちだけ受け取るは・・な~んちゃって~ 282828
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redbull Zombie
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
avatar

Posts : 367
Join date : 2011-01-12
Age : 22
Location : Victoria, British Columbia

PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:35 pm

too bad, well enjoy your stay Mizu

Tranさんを募集してサブリミナルメッセージを使用する必要があります kukuku

_________________
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato


Last edited by Redbull Zombie on Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chokklatMOOSE
Minions! Minions Everywhere!
Minions! Minions Everywhere!
avatar

Posts : 167
Join date : 2011-02-26
Age : 22
Location : In the state of.... boredom.

PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:38 pm

Tran: Law school does pay off!
Props, man x)

_________________
⋯ fujiwara kaoruxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
xxxxxxxxxCurrently reading: Vagabond vol. 8
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxKurosagi Corpse Delivery Service vol. 4
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[switch] vol. 9
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx... and a bunch of one-shots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whale
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Well the way you talk it sounds like a trollbait. I just told you why it got deleted, I have no intention to make up lies and throw it in your face. Of course I might be wrong, but I did see groups disappearing along with their releases. Don't think I'm that low.

So you live in Japan, awsome. You are godlike. Or are you?
How much you know about Kuma or myself? I assume nothing the way you expressed yourself.
That being said for eg I am a mixedblood, I speak both languages perfect but I can live in 1 country. Does that make me crap at one of the languages? No. Also english is not my native one either. I learned it quite well I think. My point is, everybody is different and has their own conditions. And you are the living proof that being in Japan doesn't mean good translations come from you. And the way you speak about the fact you are there is disgusting. You boast about it like a kid.

Yes, after hundreds of TLs you get experience. I'm pretty sure you will also learn something if you keep going. If you were japanese and fluent in English I would say otherwise, but you are not.
And please, explain me then this. If you really wanted to give back the mangakas thoughts and feelings through your TL, how the hell you make mistakes on purpose. If I do my work and I notice a mistake, I won't leave it in there. If I did that in my job, people would die. This is exaggeration of course, but you see my point I hope.

Also what is this?
"aw..too bad that I don't have piles of experiences with scanlation."
"btw, I went with scanlation way long before you."
So which is it. And why do you thing we all started with BW? In general people start under other scanlators and the form their own one at some point if they want to.

You know famous people in RL. Are you boasting again? No one cares who do you know IRL. This is as you can see is scanlation. Make the wrong move and you regret. I'm not threatening you here, but if you knew about the current events you would be surprised. You gotta remember, internet is srsbsn.

So calling names is another great feature of your that you learned in Japan. Congratuations. You ARE an asshole after all.

Mangafox, huh....I love when the masses go ahead and the thank a MF power uploader for scanlation.
I also love the way how the topdogs shit on the scanlators for money. With admins like that? Thanks not. And I still say that MF shouldn't ever be your etalon.

Did you really think you would be welcomed with warm hugs after doing what you did?

Let me add a few things, since I'm lazy to go back and edit. So:
-Gal is the admin of AAS who did the first chap and you called them good. Do you think he wanted the release to be LQ? Its just what they decided on with Kuma. And here is an important thing. If you think you can do better -by the allmighty unwritten scanlation codex- or just simply using common sense you can walk to a group and ask. For a joint or taking over the scanlation. You see if you did that before starting the project, you could have easily avoid this situation. So think about that scanlation codex thing before talk about it.
Back to top Go down
Kuma-pun
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:56 pm

I have nothing to add to whale.
Well said.
Back to top Go down
Redbull Zombie
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
avatar

Posts : 367
Join date : 2011-01-12
Age : 22
Location : Victoria, British Columbia

PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:00 pm

あなたは本当に迷惑され、このことから目を背けるアクください

_________________
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whale
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:09 pm

EDIT: cuz I took my time to reply and many things happened.So...

Woa! Are you retarded? Seriously, if one doesn't know the culture the way YOU see it cannot be a good translator?
->First, you see the culture. Nice. Do you think the guy next to you thinks the same? And the girl behind you? If Japanese culture was a thing as you described, then there would be clones in japan. Which is obviously not the case.
->Second, you make me rage. I know plenty translators and guess what, they are not japanese. Nope. And they have never been in Japan. Ever. You think too highly of yourself. And that's not the japanese way of thinking fyi. The most efficient translators I know are not japanese nor live there. So shut your trap. You insulted like half of the translators, and I assure you they are not some unknown ones. They are way above your egoist and pathetic knowladge.

Ye, keep on bragging about your money and RL. No one is interested.

NtK is too small project to get that much attention. Famous series TL does get bashed if wrong. Also noone bashed your TL cuz in general leechers doesn't care at all. Only translators know the difference and see the mistakes. Leechers are eating what they are fed with.

Rest is detailed above. Sry for doublepost

Back to top Go down
Tran Linh
Trollin' the forums since 1981
Trollin' the forums since 1981
avatar

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2010-09-25
Age : 30
Location : in a maid cafe in Akiba? or behind you? who knows :O

PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:13 pm

whoa, I didn't see the second post :X, now I have to edit all =.=...that's not very nice...anyways, I'm being a kind host and I will just delete your post at 3:50 OR do you want me to argue for it as well since your member, Kuma is supporting you with all his mind, eyes shining so bright ..well~~ I will take my time and wait for you answer for which post fo yours should I reply to, so please reply quick then we can continue our argument, deal?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xscansx.forummotion.com
whale
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:18 pm

Look at the second one as addition to the previous. Since I was away and you posted a reply and the second is sort of reply to that.
Back to top Go down
Tran Linh
Trollin' the forums since 1981
Trollin' the forums since 1981
avatar

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2010-09-25
Age : 30
Location : in a maid cafe in Akiba? or behind you? who knows :O

PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:21 pm

okay, then I will start on my argument for the latest reply of yours first, then I will come after the one in 3:50 :X
Please look forward to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xscansx.forummotion.com
Tran Linh
Trollin' the forums since 1981
Trollin' the forums since 1981
avatar

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2010-09-25
Age : 30
Location : in a maid cafe in Akiba? or behind you? who knows :O

PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:59 pm

oh damn....someone sent me an pm and I clicked on it, resulting all my typing is lost, give me 20 mins to retype them =.=! sr for the wait!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xscansx.forummotion.com
Tran Linh
Trollin' the forums since 1981
Trollin' the forums since 1981
avatar

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2010-09-25
Age : 30
Location : in a maid cafe in Akiba? or behind you? who knows :O

PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:40 pm

whale wrote:
EDIT: cuz I took my time to reply and many things happened.So...

Woa! Are you retarded? Seriously, if one doesn't know the culture the way YOU see it cannot be a good translator?
->First, you see the culture. Nice. Do you think the guy next to you thinks the same? And the girl behind you? If Japanese culture was a thing as you described, then there would be clones in japan. Which is obviously not the case.
->Second, you make me rage. I know plenty translators and guess what, they are not japanese. Nope. And they have never been in Japan. Ever. You think too highly of yourself. And that's not the japanese way of thinking fyi. The most efficient translators I know are not japanese nor live there. So shut your trap. You insulted like half of the translators, and I assure you they are not some unknown ones. They are way above your egoist and pathetic knowladge.

Ye, keep on bragging about your money and RL. No one is interested.

NtK is too small project to get that much attention. Famous series TL does get bashed if wrong. Also noone bashed your TL cuz in general leechers doesn't care at all. Only translators know the difference and see the mistakes. Leechers are eating what they are fed with.

Rest is detailed above. Sry for doublepost


1. Why did I have to speak of my life or my money or my expense that's so high in Japan? Do you think people with the slightest of courtesy (I have big one actually) will speak of such thing easily if i was not offended?
Heh, look at your dear Blackwing admin's insult to me here:
Kuma-pun wrote:


Do you actually get enough to eat there? Maybe you always order toilet paper instead of rice and just don't notice it?
It's a completely normal reaction after being insulted like that. Anyone would be offended by such vulgar words. What do you say if you are working 10 hours a days, you get paid for it, and then there's some bastard, good-for-nothing came up and say to your face "so you eat tissue in stead of rice"...heh, in reply for his insult. I simply state the fact about me and my living in Japan. It was to defend against barbarian :X

2. The reason I spoke of Japan, the country i'm being in is simple. It's a totally different world to you if you have never gone there. What's is it? it's called culture phenomenon. What does it mean? I will give some example for you who seem to have never been here to open your closed mind:

(i) I wake up in the morning, I ran out of my apartment and encountered an Obaa-san who lives in the mansion nearby but we never spoke to each other, although we have seen each other several times. This time we pass by each other directly, and without a saying when we get near each other, that obaa-san will no doubt say "おはようございます”. I know it, I know exactly she would say that the moment I notice her from a far. IT'S THE SOCIAL STANDARD. And what if I stop there and start a conversation with that nice Obaa-san? Our first subject would be no doubt the weather. Lolz, believe me or not, but 90% an encounter like that will result in the same way...
Another example:

(ii)I rush to the station and line up in the crowd. When the train come, everyone who are waiting for that train, without a saying will step aside and make way for people who board that station, and then we orderly get in the train. There's no rule about that in Japanese law. It's unspoken social standard. It's completely different to the rest of the world.
last example:

(iii)You bump into a guy on the street, or you stepped on a girl's shoes on the crowded train, it would surprise you but the one who first say "すみません” is actually that guy/girl. Why? Because they thought that it's their responsibility and because they think that you are wasting your time for stopping your current acts and take your feet off her shoes will take your time!! and it's funny that they would assume that every little fault is their fault no matter if it's actually NOT. It's funny like that, everyone say sorry, everyone bow at least 50 times a day. It's the culture phenomenon.
So why am I writing this? It's because no matter how good a Japanese translator is, if he has never been to Japan, not breathing the Japanese air, not encountering the so strong a culture, he is deemed to have trouble with his translation. I don't say that you have to be in Japan to be the best translator. I never said that, actually for manga scanlation like us who are doing this as a hobby, then living in that so rich a culture no doubt gives me a tremendous advantage to my translation skill. Why? I live in that environment, I breathe the Japanese air, I speak to them, I have dinner with them, i work 10 hours a day with them, I would work overtime with my colleague without requiring bonus, I would smile and bow the way they do, in short, I have become a part of that culture and understand about it. Manga is drawn by Japanese, it reflects their thought and way of life. SO I HAVE THAT TREMENDOUS ADVANTAGE THERE. STILL YOUR FUCKING TRANSLATOR WAS SPOUTING BULLSHIT:
Kuma-pun wrote:
You suck.
Mistranslation on purpose my ass, you're just a noob.
Do you take pride for being insulted like that? Do you? Are you S&M type to be able to tolerate it? Do you have your pride being an educated person. Heh...that sums up my argument for your talk of
whale wrote:
EDIT:
Woa! Are you retarded? Seriously, if one doesn't know the culture the way YOU see it cannot be a good translator?

3. Can you provide me a quote with clear evidence of that I insulted half of the translators out there? Did I write something like that? Care to show me the evidence or it's just an accusation without proof? That won't do for me or anyone here, you know? If you are trying to make me look bad, or just assuming then please stop it, I have to interest to talk with baseless accusation. Second thing, I've never pride myself as the best. You said it yourself. Do I say that I PWN EVERY OTHER TRANSLATORS? or somtehing like that? I even took the step back and said: hey, i have some translation mistake and it's due to the lack of my language skill. I tried to be reasonable there. What are you trying to say about the thing that I said "I'm the best"?
Your guys are upset because I took over the the project. I felt bad about that so I was stepping backward in that IRC to compensate for what I did. (heck, it's a a legit act, and it's within the scanlator's code, so I was all nice, see?). Anyways, Sorry for having no famous project to be bashed :X and heck, please don't call my readers "leecher" because that word is vulgar and it seems like you are their superior. I never used it for my group's release except for joking or around my own members who know me as a mischief guys who can joke every time. and sorry for the late post. It was not on purpose.

Hah, I should post see your reaction for this post first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xscansx.forummotion.com
rue
u know? Spam is a crime...
u know? Spam is a crime...
avatar

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:21 pm

-sigh-
About these so called "mistakes", I feel sad to know that I'm the only one who knows the meaning of the word "Localization".

The only reason someone would eat toilet paper is because they're either mentally ill, like the taste, or are so high they can't tell the difference between it and food.

About the "Over denoising". I have to say, that if you don't know how to use topaz properly, it's not our business, but don't come around trying to say OMG YOU USED A FILTER THAT WE DIDN'T, YOU SUCK.

I'd much rather see the "Over denoised" product over your untouched raws. Did you even bother to level the pages?


Anyways, Tran is not japanese. Isn't that obvious by now? He has his own culture that he brought to japan, he doesn't have to become Japanese just because he lives there. Tran admits that his Japanese is not 100%, but for that reason we also have other translators that he can ask for help, and also an amazing Proof reader.

I'm done with this since the fight seemed to stop a while ago.

Have fun guys~


_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whale
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:46 pm

So by saying that I should start responding to you how my mom is a diva after you say something even more personal like this:
Quote :
...unlike people like you who still beg for pocket money from your fat mother...
You have done a great job so to say, and of course acted as a responsible adult. Congratuations.
Also you didn't respond just once to that, from that point on you write about money over and over again. I don't care about your financial status. Nor how much you work.

Ye, ye. I have never been to Japan. So what. So do you think that by those exaples you mentioned and the fact we the poor faggots who has never been to Japan can't translate just because of that?
If I say "sumimasen" and the bubble points to the girl no matter how I look at it, the bubble will be translated as "Sorry" and not something like "Excuse me my insolence, and also did you know that here we apologise first because we think we blocked your way?" Unlikely. Prove me otherwise.

And once again, you are overestimating yourself. All those "I"s in those examples makes me think you are an egoist. The world is not about you. And ye get mad and start talking in caps over him pointing out your fuckups. And actually you didn't yet reply why did you left in the mistakes. Copy&paste:

Quote :
And please, explain me then this. If you really wanted to give back the mangakas thoughts and feelings through your TL, how the hell you make mistakes on purpose. If I do my work and I notice a mistake, I won't leave it in there. If I did that in my job, people would die. This is exaggeration of course, but you see my point I hope.

Next up is my other question:

Quote :
Also what is this?
"aw..too bad that I don't have piles of experiences with scanlation."
"btw, I went with scanlation way long before you."
So which is it. And why do you thing we all started with BW? In general people start under other scanlators and the form their own one at some point if they want to.

Moving on, still involving the question of your advantage over translators who are not living in Japan.
You want a quote? The very fact you stated that translators not breathing the air, or have never recived the "cultural punch" which makes you an awsome translator. And then you admit you are still crap at TL and made some mistakes on purpose. Thats a nice insult to any translator I work with. You are crap and say that other TLs are worse, just cuz they haven't felt the culture. I call BS on this.

Also let's review this one here:
Quote :
So why am I writing this? It's because no matter how good a Japanese translator is, if he has never been to Japan, not breathing the Japanese air, not encountering the so strong a culture, he is deemed to have trouble with his translation.

Okay, you stated this so far. Let's see the next sentence.
Quote :
I don't say that you have to be in Japan to be the best translator.
What? So you have to feel the japanese culture but don't have to be in Japan to be the best? Interesting...
The reason I imply that you think you are the best is detailed above. In fact I would like to see where does your undeniably better translation applies for eg. in this chapter. Prove that you are right with that script you yourself admitted to be crap. You got bashed in the first place for crap TL, since like I mentioned translators the ones who can point them out.
Yes, they are leechers, what else. I call mine leechers, most of them take it as a joke and admit they dont do anything, prolly not even thank properly. Nothing wrong with calling them what they are.
Also if you really would feel the japanese spirit, you wouldn't badmouth us. Especially Gal, he didn't say a word so far yet you call him Gyoo or something. A true japenese would be embarassed to act like that. You are trying to display a noble person with morals, but you are the same as us. Only you are also a hypocrite.

And for the final word, my last statement you left unanswered:
Quote :
Gal is the admin of AAS who did the first chap and you called them good. Do you think he wanted the release to be LQ? Its just what they decided on with Kuma. And here is an important thing. If you think you can do better -by the allmighty unwritten scanlation codex- or just simply using common sense you can walk to a group and ask. For a joint or taking over the scanlation. You see if you did that before starting the project, you could have easily avoid this situation. So think about that scanlation codex thing before talk about it.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
whale
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:01 pm

@rue:

1. Localization, thats right. That is mostly done by the proofreaders. Especially in case of a non-native english translator.
2. You are assuming we don't know topaz? You better rethink that. The said cleaners work with weekly share raws, like myself. I know what topaz is believe me, I solo an 18 page long series weekly. The cleaning wasn't done for the mentioned reasons. If you haven't read it, do now or stay quiet.
3. He is not, I know. But he states the exact opposite of what you say. He already emitted the awsome japanese culture so he has the advantage over others. And thus, why wasn't there any TL checks, huh?

Also, are you the rue from RH I used to talk to?
Back to top Go down
Redbull Zombie
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
avatar

Posts : 367
Join date : 2011-01-12
Age : 22
Location : Victoria, British Columbia

PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:12 pm

you done your pointless rants yet? i think we lost all intrest in your argument

_________________
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rue
u know? Spam is a crime...
u know? Spam is a crime...
avatar

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:14 pm

More than likely not, if you mean Redhawk, then my Username is "True" over there.
I'm not a name stealer, it's part of my last name Razz

Yeah I'm not saying you don't know about it, I meant that just because we used filters that you chose not to for these scans, please don't use that in your argument about quality. I respect your decision about the tankouban release, but now that there will most likely NOT be one, I prefer the denoised pages to the untouched.

This was a rushed release, I had to typeset pages 11-16 in under an hour. Seeing as I'm new to this scanlation business it wasn't easy, that + Proofing on the fly >.>



_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whale
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Nobody asked You to read it.
I'm talking to your admin not You.
Pay attention to your own admin first:
"Hah, I should post see your reaction for this post first. "
Back to top Go down
rue
u know? Spam is a crime...
u know? Spam is a crime...
avatar

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:20 pm

Mhm, fair enough. It's not my place to talk, I know that.
Just putting out my opinion as a "Leecher".
Also despite the quality, thank you for continuing the story with chapter 2.
As you said, leechers read what they're fed.

Now since I'm not welcome here, I'll go watch some tv.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whale
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:22 pm

lol.
It was aimed at Redbull not You actually.
Back to top Go down
Redbull Zombie
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
avatar

Posts : 367
Join date : 2011-01-12
Age : 22
Location : Victoria, British Columbia

PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:25 pm

nobody asked you to come here and post your worthless shit

_________________
Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tran Linh
Trollin' the forums since 1981
Trollin' the forums since 1981
avatar

Posts : 4109
Join date : 2010-09-25
Age : 30
Location : in a maid cafe in Akiba? or behind you? who knows :O

PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:00 pm

whale wrote:
So by saying that I should start responding to you how my mom is a diva after you say something even more personal like this:
Quote :
...unlike people like you who still beg for pocket money from your fat mother...
That comment was directed to a certain someone who said I was eating tissue instead of rice. It was never directed at you. Or are you trying to say the same to me? If you are trying to say that to me, then that's my comment for you, very true. I think I have all the right to say that to the person who have no regard to me. Why shouldn't I?
whale wrote:

You have done a great job so to say, and of course acted as a responsible adult. Congratuations.
Also you didn't respond just once to that, from that point on you write about money over and over again. I don't care about your financial status. Nor how much you work.

Who wanted to give financial status? I clearly bashed those number in that stupid face of you translator who know shits about other people, yet still trying to be hero. I could careless about you. Heck.
whale wrote:

Ye, ye. I have never been to Japan. So what. So do you think that by those exaples you mentioned and the fact we the poor faggots who has never been to Japan can't translate just because of that?

Did you read my comments?
If not, please read this, I quoted it from my above post:

Tran Linh wrote:



So why am I writing this? It's because no matter how good a Japanese translator is, if he has never been to Japan, not breathing the Japanese air, not encountering the so strong a culture, he is deemed to have trouble with his translation. I don't say that you have to be in Japan to be the best translator. I never said that, actually for manga scanlation like us who are doing this as a hobby, then living in that so rich a culture no doubt gives me a tremendous advantage to my translation skill. Why? I live in that environment, I breathe the Japanese air, I speak to them, I have dinner with them, i work 10 hours a day with them, I would work overtime with my colleague without requiring bonus, I would smile and bow the way they do, in short, I have become a part of that culture and understand about it. Manga is drawn by Japanese, it reflects their thought and way of life. SO I HAVE THAT TREMENDOUS ADVANTAGE THERE. STILL YOUR FUCKING TRANSLATOR WAS SPOUTING BULLSHIT:
Kuma-pun wrote:
You suck.
Mistranslation on purpose my ass, you're just a noob.
Did you read my post =.=...if not, then am I arguing for nothing? If you don't read it then what's the point of the argument? If you want me to listen to your side, then at least have some slightest regard for the opponent's words.
whale wrote:

If I say "sumimasen" and the bubble points to the girl no matter how I look at it, the bubble will be translated as "Sorry" and not something like "Excuse me my insolence, and also did you know that here we apologise first because we think we blocked your way?" Unlikely. Prove me otherwise.

What the hell is wrong with you? are you stupid or you didn't read my post? Because that's what I thought seeing you doing "bubble" and pointing thing?

Look at my post again:
Tran Linh wrote:


(iii)You bump into a guy on the street, or you stepped on a girl's shoes on the crowded train, it would surprise you but the one who first say "すみません” is actually that guy/girl. Why? Because they thought that it's their responsibility and because they think that you are wasting your time for stopping your current acts and take your feet off her shoes will take your time!! and it's funny that they would assume that every little fault is their fault no matter if it's actually NOT. It's funny like that, everyone say sorry, everyone bow at least 50 times a day. It's the culture phenomenon.

what the hell is the bubble talk here? Don't you understand that it's a real life situation and that's what a Japanese will do if I stepped on their shoes on a crowed train? I know my English is not all good but I think what I wrote there was pretty clear. What's your point here? Bubble? want to blow it? Retarded..

whale wrote:

And once again, you are overestimating yourself. All those "I"s in those examples makes me think you are an egoist. The world is not about you. And ye get mad and start talking in caps over him pointing out your fuckups.
O.o, I'm not overestimating myself actually, I simply did what should be called courteous in my own language and maybe I was effected a bit too much by the Japanese culture. You don't have much experience doing business or having social networking with people much, don't you? If you are in my shoes, that's to be expected. Ego, Ethic, patience, pride, all those kind of things revolves around me and that makes the me here. I'm proud of it because I can keep it here on the internet, i live the true of me on the net. I don't fear to use my true name or my location, I have no fear for social networking with people on the net, actually, I met Frozenaquarium on the net and we have been hanging out for some times. We even exchange mail and phone from time to time, Heck, I live my my real name and my real personality on the net. Unlike you who hide behind that guest nick :X . Please don't group me with people like you, it hurts bad Sad

whale wrote:
And actually you didn't yet reply why did you left in the mistakes.
My answer was already written time to time: I don't own an obligation to answer you. I like it, simply I think it fit the situation well and that's what a Japanese would do, or what the mangaka might have wanted to convey. Does translating meaning that you gave out exactly what the mangaka said? Why don't you use google translator for your taste? lolz.

whale wrote:
And please, explain me then this. If you really wanted to give back the mangakas thoughts and feelings through your TL, how the hell you make mistakes on purpose. If I do my work and I notice a mistake, I won't leave it in there. If I did that in my job, people would die. This is exaggeration of course, but you see my point I hope.
I might die of boredom. I tell you what, no translation or scanlation is perfect. It depends on the reading person's taste. My taste in manga differ from yours, and I don't want to fix my translation because I have my own reason which I find it amusing if I don't try. And like it affects the whole point of the chapters. Read the fucking two chapters of yours and mine. Which translation give the readers more fun and interest? My answer is neither yours or mine, It depends on the readers' taste. You fucking idiot.

whale wrote:

Next up is my other question:

Quote :
Also what is this?
"aw..too bad that I don't have piles of experiences with scanlation."
"btw, I went with scanlation way long before you."
So which is it. And why do you thing we all started with BW? In general people start under other scanlators and the form their own one at some point if they want to.
Please don't group me with your situation, I don't have to go all your way to be able to do a scanlation. It's just ridiculous that you assume that I have to follow your trait. FYI, I was on #lurk like 10 years ago when the bot #underwhere was still on, which I doubt you even know about it, youngster. So don't spit about scanlation experience with me, because it sounds so retarded.

whale wrote:

Moving on, still involving the question of your advantage over translators who are not living in Japan.
You want a quote? The very fact you stated that translators not breathing the air, or have never recived the "cultural punch" which makes you an awsome translator. And then you admit you are still crap at TL and made some mistakes on purpose. Thats a nice insult to any translator I work with. You are crap and say that other TLs are worse, just cuz they haven't felt the culture. I call BS on this.
wow, woohooo! hey! I like your imagination and baseless assumption.
I asked for a quote, and you gave me your thought. Wow, nice trying. WELL~~, I said living in Japan, breathing the same air with Japanese, social networking and doing things with them, give me a tremendous advantage to me, who is translating Japanese-English (as a hobby) while your translator was saying I'm crap, and I'm proving the opposite. I will quote my own word here for you to see:

Tran Linh wrote:

I don't say that you have to be in Japan to be the best translator. I never said that, actually for manga scanlation like us who are doing this as a hobby, then living in that so rich a culture no doubt gives me a tremendous advantage to my translation skill. Why? I live in that environment, I breathe the Japanese air, I speak to them, I have dinner with them, i work 10 hours a day with them, I would work overtime with my colleague without requiring bonus, I would smile and bow the way they do, in short, I have become a part of that culture and understand about it. Manga is drawn by Japanese, it reflects their thought and way of life. SO I HAVE THAT TREMENDOUS ADVANTAGE THERE. STILL YOUR FUCKING TRANSLATOR WAS SPOUTING BULLSHIT:
Kuma-pun wrote:
You suck.
Mistranslation on purpose my ass, you're just a noob.
so...did you read my post? If you don't read it and spout crap like this...you will just lose my interest, maybe I won't be able to eat rice today because of that, I think I got to eat ramen :X
What's your point here? I think I wrote it out clean and clear: you don't have to be in Japan to be the best translator. But living in the environment will give your the advantage of becoming one. Don't you agree? IF there were someone who can claimed the BEST JAPANESE- ENGLISH TRANSLATOR, I doubt if he had never been in Japan. Experiencing the culture will fill out the lack of social standard which the internet or the class outside of Japan won't be able to give. Your claimed to understand English and Japanese perfectly :X that's a bold statement you know? How do you define perfect while you are not writing the right way, and made typo, punctuation errors all the time?
whale wrote:

Yes, they are leechers, what else. I call mine leechers, most of them take it as a joke and admit they dont do anything, prolly not even thank properly. Nothing wrong with calling them what they are.

That's just plain rude, readers are reader, and they don't need to thank me for my work, in fact, I never need that. I scanlate manga for hobby and plainly for fun. I took in series I deemed interested in, and heck, some series is just too unpoular that I got only 40 downloads a chapter Sad. Still I know that someone is reading it, and because there's someone reading it, I can still scanlate for them. I own those 40 people much. I can satisfy my hobby and then I can satisfy that 40 people's hobby as well. At least I'm USEFUL for the society :X I could live on with that, unlike you who seems to have lost tract of scanlator's code.

whale wrote:

Also if you really would feel the japanese spirit, you wouldn't badmouth us. Especially Gal, he didn't say a word so far yet you call him Gyoo or something.
About Gal, I don't know him so I could only write that, and the facts I already said that:
Tran Linh wrote:

Right, let's get the mr/ms Whale:
@Whale: i don't remember you, i'm sorry, I forget things easily. But well, you identified yourself well enough. So well, I will gladly serve you tea and have an exciting argument with you Smile

O.o....it was on my first post of my argument directed at you. Did you seriously read my post so far?

whale wrote:

A true japenese would be embarassed to act like that. You are trying to display a noble person with morals, but you are the same as us. Only you are also a hypocrite.

First, read the fucking comment of mine, I told you that I'm not Japanese.
Second, I follow their culture phenomenon and I believe anyone who got insulted as a "crappy", "eating tissue instead of rice"...in Japan, I think anyone would have snapped way long before me. Hey~ if you offended people to that extent, I can sue you in Japan, u know? so well~ don't speak of your wise word anymore since it's really dumb =.=!.

I live my real self on the net as well as in my real life. I used my real name, I hanged out with japanese people on the net, simply because I like making friend and having fun, I enjoy my life as much as manga. i live true to my code of ethic. I think my Japanese friend respect me for that so I have gotten into quite deep relationship with them. Anyways, I think I have treated you nor your translator well enough to deserve a medal for being so polite and courteous. I'm hypocrite? nah, it's you who don't live true to yourself, you hide behind that nick, stayed in your room and go on the net spouting bullshit, playing the villiant part without fearing of consequense, I think you are the one who is hypocrite. Get a real life already, you bum.

whale wrote:

And for the final word, my last statement you left unanswered:
Quote :
Gal is the admin of AAS who did the first chap and you called them good. Do you think he wanted the release to be LQ? Its just what they decided on with Kuma. And here is an important thing. If you think you can do better -by the allmighty unwritten scanlation codex- or just simply using common sense you can walk to a group and ask. For a joint or taking over the scanlation. You see if you did that before starting the project, you could have easily avoid this situation. So think about that scanlation codex thing before talk about it.
I said, to my standard, their translation is good enough for me so it's a personal opinion. What do you meant by the release to be LQ? I think the one who did the LQ was not me, eh...let's see....I'm so sorry for not releaseing a LQ version to be bashed about it? am I good to go? Very Happy
And why do I need to have your cooperation? I have people and my staff backing me up enough. My staff was interest in it, and it's completely good with the scanlator's code, so why should I ask of your cooperation? Do I need to say "I will rape you so give me your full cooperation"? and the point of a joint is meaningless, as I said, we don't need your help. If we did, we might have considered it, but then we didn't. What's the point of a joint? Gaining mutual benefit. What do you have to provide XscansX? I'm afraid nothing looking at your release of chapter 2. We can manage by ourselves. HAH!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xscansx.forummotion.com
whale
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:08 pm

Very well, I shall conclude my opinion now.

1. Whilist you may not directed that insult towards me, but it wasn't clear. And it's still childish no matter how I look at it.

2. You did once okay. Then you did over and over again. Once would have been way enough.

3. Ye, I did read that. And I even quoted that part later on. So my question to that was:

Quote :
What? So you have to feel the japanese culture but don't have to be in Japan to be the best? Interesting...
and the paragraph afterwards. To me it seems like you ignore me, because apparently you denied you own statement there.

4. Well the next part wasn't explained in detail, I thought you might understand. The point was that by interacting with other people in Japan you learn all kinds of cultural bits. But when you proceed to translating all you see(from the bumping into someone example) in the manga is a bubble afterwards with "sumimasen". Rest should make sense now. And same goes for the talking about the weather and such.

5. I didn't register cuz I didn't feel like its necessary. Not like you would gain much from knowing my email or age. I'm a year younger than you. So compared to you I am not a youngster. But if you feel like talking you know where to find me. And if you don't want to join BW, you can find me in many other places on IRC.

6. You don't want to explain, fine. You talk about how you took a step back by admitting its crap, but now you say it's intentionally made that way to mirror the meaning, why didn't you started with that then? And no, literal translations are just as bad as totally non-literals. I won't judge that, Kuma knows it better. And believe me, he is way better than you might think.

7. Indeed, every person that works on something will add to it his/her own style. That is fine and unavoidable. But the main source of the argument was the translation, which is as of now not bad and has mistakes on purpose, but it conveys the thoughts more.

8. Again you dunno who I am and what did I do. So you are saying you have been leeching for 10 years and you made a group 2 years ago. Fantastic.

9. Baseless? You said that your TL is better because you are living in Japan as it has more meaning to it.
And I never claimed to be perfect in english, much less in japanese.

10. You have a series with 40 reader, okay. I have worked up a series from oblivion to standard 100 as of now. Yep I am a trash of my society. (Also please show me this code once)

11. I mentioned his full nick or just part, it's your problem if you cant copy and paste a name with 3 or 7 letters. You should read what I wrote maybe?

12: Yep you are not japanese, but you talk about how you fit their society as of now. My bad. The point still is the same, you are one of them now and has the ability to comprehend culture as you detail it later. You want to be one of them? Act like they then.

13. Yes, I have reasons to hide my ass. But the ones whom I work with in scanlation for eg, my infos are free to access. I'm not exposing myself on the internet. And thats not being spineless or cowardly. It's a safety line.

14. "playing the villiant part without fearing of consequense" <-- don't make me laugh, what consequense you are talking about? You want to stalk me? Go ahead, you can probably have my IP logged somewhere in your forum database. Go ahead, do your worst.

15. Ye, you are awsome enough to do a project alone, but you know...when I wanted to take up projects, I went to the current scanlator and asked. If the last release was months ago then I asked if I can take over. If it was scanlated regulary but not often, I offered joint. Most of the time since I knew them so-so they would agree or offer something else. Talking to others is hard huh?

16. Ye well, you can look at 1 chapter which is labelled LQ for reason and then judge the whole groups work? Pathetic. At least you should have looked at the other releases before talking nonsense.

+1: Im not the admin at BW, I did clean one or two chaps for Kuma. I happened to be there when you joined the chat and then saw the shitstorm. It was a nice dispute. I'm ending here probably, if you don't add something I feel like replying. I hope not to see you again in the future.

bye, whale-chan
Back to top Go down
rue
u know? Spam is a crime...
u know? Spam is a crime...
avatar

Posts : 2229
Join date : 2011-01-30
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:13 pm

Quick offtopic question.
Are you the raw provider for Samurai Highschool? lol
I love that series.

Also sorry tran, while you're fighting I'm making conversation Razz

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whale
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:21 pm

Ye, I happen to be that whale-chan.
Good to hear you like it. :3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Nozomi to Kimio   

Back to top Go down
 

Nozomi to Kimio

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

 Similar topics

-
» Love Live! anime/manga discussion
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Main :: News & Releases-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com