Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
wastedfreetime
Meh...
Meh...

Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:13 pm

Ncrdrg wrote:
Oh. And our forums aren't moderated if you want to comment there. They're not as active but hey, if the stuff is moderated on the blog, maybe it's to avoid insults like I've seen in this thread.

Actually your forum is moderated. I remember I wanted to post something there before and it never appeared on it. It was kind of odd because from the post it asked for opinions and I wanted to state my own opinions but yet since it was a negative opinion it was probably deleted. One of the main reason why I didn't like the group but que se ra.

Also one of the reason why I like the releases from xscans better is just because it was consistent. I for one don't like waiting months for the releases.
Back to top Go down
Tran Linh
Trollin' the forums since 1981
Tran Linh

Location : in a maid cafe in Akiba? or behind you? who knows :O

PostSubject: Re: Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:17 pm

hmmm, Koro, don't ask him, because he won't answer it he will try to ignore our question about the unknown SFX he drew in Boichi work. But well, i;ll try again Smile
@ Wastedfreetime: long time no see, and you will got tons of review to do. Waiting for it Smile

@Ncrdrg: CAN YOU ANSWER THIS QUESTION?
Tran Linh wrote:

and didn't hear you mention anything about such "SFX" and redraw of yours, Ncrdrg?
Here:
http://www.batoto.com/read/_/15255/sun-ken-rock_v10_ch58_by_random-scanlations/8
Where is that ZOM sfx from? I redrew it and I never saw it even in the japanese volume =))
Or did Boichi give you his special edition?
Oh, not just that,
Here:
http://www.batoto.com/read/_/15259/sun-ken-rock_v10_ch62_by_random-scanlations/19
That 3rd panel, that Goooo sfx, do you even understand the meaning of it? Smile
Oh, weird, the japanese raw, french raw they all don't have it, wow, now you are playing artist eh? Are you desperate to win against us? Smile come on, grow some bones, >.<. Shees, you can't be a kid forever, you know?
Back to top Go down
https://xscansx.forummotion.com
Ncrdrg
Meh...
Meh...

PostSubject: Re: Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:20 pm

I won't answer because for one, I'm still a newbie at redrawing (I only did 2 double pages so far actually). And for two, because it's childish. Hey congrats, our redrawer is human.

Should I point out the stuff I noticed that was rushed in some of your chapters too? I'd rather not. Waste of my time. Besides, I should be cleaning right now anyway.
Back to top Go down
Tran Linh
Tran Linh

PostSubject: Re: Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:24 pm

eh, to be honest, some of your faithful readers here are quite concerned about that vastly superior quality releases of yours. So while you are here, why don't we put all our quality on the table and see? I don't mind you bashing our releases you know? And wow, if you are that desperate to win against us to even demolish the original art and adding your own art, then go ahead =))
Good luck cleaning? Smile We will make sure to race with you.
Back to top Go down
Yumil

PostSubject: Lol   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:39 pm

Quote :
Even sites like Bakabt agree that RS version's is superior to yours, and they're the type to be really anal about quality.
Was on Bakabt trying to see where this comment came from. The scans the guy who submitted the batch torrent were mostly from RS, but a few volumes were from xscansx(in the original offer), though he has moved to just RS. He got most of the files outside of the translator sites, so he really didn't know who did what.

Talk came up about using just xscansx release. One member asked for a comparison. Nothing happened. No posts of comparison. No more talk of it. The reason why bakabt only posted RS was because he wanted to be consistent. It wasn't due to quality, though if someone posted a xscansx batch and put quality comparisons out(as in to the RS and the raw), I'd be inclined to think that the xscansx would win. RS version got posted because thats all that was offered. Bakabt constantly exchanges their batch torrents with the highest quality alternative.
Back to top Go down
Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 11:54 pm

Scanlations are done for the enjoyment of both the scanlators themselves and the fans. When fights like this break out, no one benefits, at all. Ncrdrg has every right to answer questions or not, but for fucks sake, he's still a normal guy living out his life. Let the man have his birthday or what not in peace (though it's kinda too late). The whole ZOM and GWOH issue, they're just sound effects for crying out loud. Does that seriously have to be the big point of contention? I'm honestly not sure what goes on behind the scenes for either group, but really, all the nonsense provocations are unjustified and childish. Tran Linh, you might have tons of free time right now, but that doesn't mean everyone else does. This whole thing has gotten out of hand. Just disable comments entirely on both sides already. Let people enjoy the scanlations, from whatever source they choose to obtain it (XscansX or Random Scanlations).
Back to top Go down
nert5

PostSubject: Re: Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:00 am

This group seems to attract and thrive on drama
Back to top Go down
Tran Linh
Tran Linh

PostSubject: Re: Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:03 am

Tiger, we treat our scanlation at utmost care, if you don't understand how much time we have spent on making such HQ release and to be jumped out by LQ like that, I don't think you fit to be a scanlator. And, I got tons of free time doesn't mean that I don't have the right to protect XscansX from bastards like that. Moreover, he came here by himself, we don't come to him. He and his huge e-penis trying to show off a big pride on the net by "winning the race" by rushing out LQ. What scanlator has to do is to preserve the original art of the artist. you already pirate on his work, now you even added your own in, that's just plain rude. As a scanlator, i don't like that fact. It just shows that they don't have fun scanlating, or care about quality anymore, they care about their e-penis. Let them do it. We don't care, we do manga we like and will give it our best ability to scanlate it. That's what we care. To tell the truth, we care about the manga, not about you, other scanlator, or even online reader. That's how we like and love the manga and show respect to the mangaka.
Back to top Go down
katsudon
well, at least it's better than meh
katsudon

PostSubject: Re: Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:36 am

tl;dr; version [i'm on ambien blah blah]

serious question, if you collect subbed animes on your USB 3TB harddrive like I do.

where do you get your Ore No Imouto episodes?

Step 1) get it from [cruncysub] 480p so you can watch it immediately, replace with
Step 2) download 720p from a better subbed group to watch on your 56" LCD via PS3.

then a few months later
Step 3) Ore No Imouto in BD rips from [Kirasub], delete everything else.

it's probably apples & oranges compare to manga, some people just want to read it immediately. some people who just started..will have a choice to pick from.
it's unfortunate that there is this 'race' .

who are the winner? in the end, the fan wins... they have to choose where to get what they want

remember lovely complex? yeah the group who used to do it, release it once a month if even that. so I formed a group of 3 people and started to put out new chapters every week. I was young and didn't know.... that's like kicking someone's dog.... but it motivated the original group and they finished the series. I quit for a few years. knowing that we did LQ (which can't be saved by my supreme TL skill). but we did what we enjoyed, and the fan got what they want.

my friend told me he found one of my release of lovely complex sandwiched between the original releases from manga traders.... ah... i'm still proud of my work from back then.

Back to top Go down
aku720
Hatchling
Hatchling
aku720

PostSubject: Re: Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:49 am

you guys should pick up a IRC channel

Remember, people will judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of gold - but so does a hard-boiled egg. ~Author Unknown

Be content to act, and leave the talking to others. ~Baltasar Gracian

Contemplation often makes life miserable. We should act more, think less, and stop watching ourselves live. ~Nicolas de Chamfort

Ironically, making a statement with words is the least effective method. ~Grey Livingston

When deeds speak, words are nothing. ~African Proverb

As I grow older I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do. ~Andrew Carnegie

People may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do. ~Lewis Cass

Well done is better than well said. ~Benjamin Franklin
Back to top Go down
Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 2:43 am

Quote :
To tell the truth, we care about the manga, not about you, other scanlator, or even online reader. That's how we like and love the manga and show respect to the mangaka.

You know...if that really was the case, then that makes this scanlation war even more pointless because you guys have no one else to prove anything to except for yourselves. Katsudon above makes a really good point and it's really similar to fansubbing. Let the speedsubbers do their thing (RS), while you guys can take time to really make something that's archivable. If you guys let your feathers get ruffled over words said on the internet, to the point where it affects the quality of your work on something you absolutely love, then that should be a loss in itself. Speed means nothing if it's for yourselves and I do hope you guys continue to enjoy scanlating SKR!
Back to top Go down
Rauk

PostSubject: Is it?   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 4:14 am

Guys, is this even fun anymore? I mean, I don't know too much history about this whole thing, but from what I see (as a reader), it's that xscansx is doing SKR. Another group comes along and makes this drama. If I'm wrong, then I'm sorry.
But... the things is, when this happens, is anyone really having fun anymore? I proofread because I want to give back to the community, and proofing makes it fun. If it wasn't enjoyable, I probably wouldn't do it. Honestly, it makes me a little bit sad to see people doing the same thing I am... but angrily. I know me saying that probably won't change anything... but at least try to keep the fun, eh?
Back to top Go down
Ncrdrg
Meh...
Meh...

PostSubject: Re: Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 4:23 am

Actually, you got it wrong. It's the opposite. Random started the project years ago and then xscansx showed up a few months back.
Back to top Go down
Rauk

PostSubject: Corrected   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 4:24 am

Sorry that I don't have a regular account and can't edit my above post. I've researched a bit more, and have seen that Random's been doing SKR for a while, though maybe a week or so slower, from what I saw. So, apologies all 'round, but my other point still stands Smile
Back to top Go down
yFSC
Meh...
Meh...

PostSubject: Re: Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 4:53 am

I don't know why the hell you guys are seriously responding to someone with the name 'CeNation'.

It's like he's already setting himself up to be a joke.
Back to top Go down
whocares

PostSubject: Re: Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:28 am

Sigh. I got kinda annoyed with this whole thing so I even decided to post.

I am a leech reader, hell I would rather go to whoever can it out faster than who can make it look the cutest.

But.. The reason I would rather stick with xscansx compared to RS is just because "Random scanlations" are just that.. Random as shit.
Really annoyed me as I started reading this series while it was only about 15 chapters in. That Random scanlations would just randomly stop releasing chapters for periods of time and then pick up again.
It wasn't until another group picked it up to continue Sun Ken Rock getting released in a timely fashion did RS actually began releasing the damn manga regularly..

I mean seriously.
Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 2rf7vgh
compared to xscansx
Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 25krazl

Just going by that.. chapter 3-30 was done by RS... Check the dates on that shit.(I know there is a delay between scanlation group and going on these leech sites.. but all I can say to that is... wtf reason is xscansx's releases on there in a timely and consistent fashion while they ask their readers not to upload on that site??)

At times there was 10days+ with no release sometimes it was 2weeks+ and it was normal for at least 5-7 days per release.

I remember on Mangafox reading about the slow releases and Weaper(which I find kinda annoying) crying about how he translated something and wanted it released already, but RS sat on it for an extra 3days... because of IRL w/e.[This is while Sun Ken Rock is being released every 5-7 days.. an extra 3days of waiting for someone's favorite manga is pretty shitty for dedicated readers)

I read RS all the way to 70.. which they are at, just because, as I said, I am a leech reader.. But I find it really fucking annoying that they sat on releases and took their time when only the reader suffered but the second another group comes to pick up on their weak shit, a fire lights on their asses and they pick up the pace incredibly...
So why the fuck would anyone suppose a group who doesn't care to be urgent for their readers but only for their own pride
Useless cunts, you had your shot imo, if you were consistent and urgent about getting releases out withint at least 3-5 days another group wouldn't have had to come in. You have no room to cry about who stole your work.. seeing as you only care about your own pride rather than your readers.
Back to top Go down
whocares

PostSubject: Re: Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:35 am

I meant that I read the 61-70 from RS, everything else, even if RS beat xscansx by a day or what not, I usually just ended up reading xscansx releases because I began checking this site regularly for updates as it was faster than waiting on Mangafox/reader/whatnot..

Either way. Thank you xscansx for picking this up. Because if you didn't we would still be on chapter 40.
Thank you!!!
Thank you!!
Thank you!
Thank you
Seriously.
Back to top Go down
whocares

PostSubject: Re: Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:37 am

Cant edit posts.. sucks balls.
But one last thing I wanted to note.
It took random scanlations for whatever reason 1 year and 4 months to do 27 chapters.
It took xscansx 2 months and some change to release 30 chapters.
Back to top Go down
rue
u know? Spam is a crime...
rue

PostSubject: Re: Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 11:42 am

And you'll soon see what we've stayed up to do over the past day and a bit >.>
Myself, as well as the other staff who are currently working are almost dead ~_~.
Guh, I don't even read this shit.
Look forward to our mass release, guys. And keep your eyes on Batoto.
Back to top Go down
aku720
Hatchling
Hatchling
aku720

PostSubject: Re: Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:15 pm

well thanx for chapter 64,65,66 and 67 keep it up guys ,good work Twisted Evil
well to tell u the truth it is kinda of hard to read on Batoto ,it suck will it loads the page and my eyes starts to hurt , starting to feel that downloading was cool after all
overall its all good thanx again for the release lol!
Back to top Go down
porarm

PostSubject: Re: Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:18 pm

Looking forward to it rue ^^. Keep up the good work!!!!
Back to top Go down
rue
rue

PostSubject: Re: Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 12:19 pm

I'm currently uploading up to ch 70.
Just that my internet is slow, and uploading multiple files takes time Mad
Back to top Go down
levanphan
levanphan

PostSubject: Re: Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:53 pm

RS and Xscansx just like South and North Korea....can help it...
Back to top Go down
jasad
jasad

PostSubject: Re: Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:09 pm

yeah!! thx guys!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63   Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sun Ken Rock 61-62-63

View previous topic View next topic Back to top