Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tran Linh
Trollin' the forums since 1981
Tran Linh

Location : in a maid cafe in Akiba? or behind you? who knows :O

Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:35 am

@Unknown:
to be honest, I don't have time to explain this again and again. I could find plenty of mistakes in your post as well or in that Blackwingscans's blog. Just that I don't have time to look carefully though all the posts and correct them. I wrote as quick as possible since I seriously don't have time, let alone reviewing it. If you understand what I wrote, then why are you bickering about it? In my translation or any other translators' here, we have good proofreader to proofread them, beside i'm not the only translator doing Nozoki Ana now. So your assumption of their release is better, is completely one-sided.

For my case, it's a different matter for me to be careful about translation much more than chit chat and posting like this.I'm sacrificing my time here for translation so you can be judging anything you like. I don't care.

The host server was for the group and it's all back to the group use of raw and hosting service. If there's personal use, XscansX would have been a abandoned place now.

For Blackwing's release, they got the fucking time to prepare for the damn manga. We started yesterday after being jumped on.

Typesetting style, eye-candy or not, it depends on people's taste, you don't like ours, but other might. Their "experience" should have not done any bleed through. And it's not a matter of "over-filtering", it has a good style compared to them.
You said you were neutral, but you are biased with your own opinion. Am I right?

Last edited by Tran Linh on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:37 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://xscansx.forummotion.com
zaneaxx
well, at least it's better than meh

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:36 am

im still supporting on xcansx good job on your work guys, and im suprisede i read 8 chapters this day =)
Back to top Go down
thibautnsr

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:50 am

thanks for all the release i wait with pleasurte more for leecher than me who love your work that's really a good thing that you are in "competition" because the realease are fast and rezally good quality tnx for volume 3 love your works guys and girls if there are some dont know have a nice day you will kick their ass bom Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dawn_
Dawn_

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 10:59 am

Hmm..I've read the conversation about Nozomi to kimio..(thanks for the links Tran) i am completely neutral in the story. But i just wonder if the two people who came provoke you , insult you at that time are actually..adults..because the way they talk and respond.

It feels either they are completely immature or kids. No offense. But i think this people are really young..(i'll say between 15 and 20..).

As i have found some comment really..like "i'm not doing scanlation for others but for my staff and myself.." maybe i am naive but i don't understand the purpose to do scanlation at all if so..

I can't say that after sometime when people complain , insult you and all..you can no longer care for them. But even so if you continue doing scanlation it s for sharing a passion.

I am learning how to clean and typesetting..but in my mind it's more to repay others kindness (maybe i am stupid..i don't know). But i find most of their argument cynical and provocative.

Only word that came to my mind after reading this is that they are sad people.
Back to top Go down
Tran Linh
Tran Linh

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:16 am

urgh, I don't know but for me, scanlation, translating, editing, redrawing are like drug...I can't stay still if I don't do it. I don't know the reason, but maybe it's from the people who read our release and then comment about it.
For example, I mostly do series I like so I wonder what other people are thinking about that series, I wonder if they share the same feeling with me about this character, that story...
I could spend a lot of time reading comment like in mangaupdates.com about our series, to be happy, to be sad...hmm...one of my favorite is Love So Life which I picked up like 5 months ago but then now it's in Hidari-chan's jurisdiction.
Regardless, I still love that manga so much and would often go to mangafox's Love So Life forum
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/love_so_life/
or mangaupdates.com
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=39200
or my animelist.net
http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=14236
to read and comment all the time.

This is partly my motivation to scanlate, I suppose.
The best thing about scanlation is that, i've come to know many good people here, and then I love chit chat with them (lolz) there's hardly a day without me bickering with butterkanga (translator for Kunisaki Izumo, currently unemployed because Doph took over the series), then Rue, then Koro, then the Boichi freak named Weaper and a lot more that seriously It would take days to describe them (eh, like cmertb-chan who is a pervert but always denying that, he's into SM as well :X...arghhh, so many of my good friends are here, anyone reading this but I didn't mention, forgive me that I need to translate some certain manga so I can't take my sweet time as always....
Erhem,in short, my friends here, they are damn funny and interesting to chat to, so well~
I think that should be enough for you to know about my motivation, no?
Back to top Go down
sirstealalot
Meh...
Meh...

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:24 am

Tran Linh wrote:

The best thing about scanlation is that, i've come to know many good people here, and then I love chit chat with them (lolz) there's hardly a day without me bickering with butterkanga (translator for Kunisaki Izumo, currently unemployed because Doph took over the series), then Rue, then Koro, then the Boichi freak named Weaper and a lot more that seriously It would take days to describe them (eh, like cmertb-chan who is a pervert but always denying that, he's into SM as well :X...arghhh, so many of my good friends are here, anyone reading this but I didn't mention, forgive me that I need to translate some certain manga so I can't take my sweet time as always....
Erhem,in short, my friends here, they are damn funny and interesting to chat to, so well~
I think that should be enough for you to know about my motivation, no?

your tears fuel me

got milk?
Back to top Go down
Dawn_
Dawn_

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:34 am

Fufufu , you're a strange one (in a good way Smile).

But , well i am not that far (i also pass a lot of time on Mangafox , Animelist and Mangaupdate..).

But i might say you have good taste. Most of my favorite manga are done by you. The others are mostly webcomic strangely. I like Korean stuff..(even K-Drama..).

I'll give a try to Love so life ! I'll tell you my thoughts on it.

Back to top Go down
Tran Linh
Tran Linh

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:39 am

@sister:
eh no, I was quite hyped and joyful to talk about them there, there was no tear drop. We do have sad moments but it's rare, hm...for example, like Butterkanga who is moving to another place (continent, to be more precise) and she won't be able to go on IRC or the forum to fight with me for 2 months...urgh, that's sad, indeed...but I can still troll her on skype and all the sort Very Happy
@Dawn: hey, you should read Love So Life too, it's really cute and unique manga. I love it so much even though it's a shoujo and i'm a guy in heart. Try it for some chapters, I will be looking to your opinion about the manga Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Trasno
Meh...
Meh...

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 11:48 am

This so called "war" is just stupid and a waste of time and resources. Both of you are having a childish attitude, XscansX can't blame Black Wing to pick a project that since the first release you are saying that you are going to drop it because you are not interested in it and now that someone else picked it, you are interested in it? Pretty childish in my humble opinion. And the same with Black Wing, they only picked this to try to get "revenge" for "steal" a project. You guys need to grow up Rolling Eyes.
Back to top Go down
thibautnsr

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:08 pm

reply to KORO i read both black wings and xscanx
xscan have better translation since i can read japanese i can compare your words are more accurate than their words, for some sentence it suite to the caractere
i really like both type setting even if your look better
so they probably have approval for release first but xscanx is way better than them
this is my opinion my point of view other people can judge you differently
so even if i can read japanese it's easier for me english so wait for your realease
Back to top Go down
unknown
Meh...
Meh...

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:09 pm

Tran Linh wrote:
You said you were neutral, but you are biased with your own opinion. Am I right?
I'm as unbiased as is possible. I'm not affiliated with either of the two groups. Both groups have series I can appreciate. But the truth is, they're doing a better job with their releases. I might've been harsh, but the truth is harsh.

Tran Linh wrote:
Typesetting style, eye-candy or not, it depends on people's taste, you don't like ours, but other might.
Seriously? Everything you do as a scanlator is eye-candy. Cleaning, editing, type-setting. Even the translation should be phrased in a way that doesn't burn your eyes (though it's less the eyes and more the mind that takes damage, I guess). Belittling the fact that your group's typesetting is worse than Black Wing's makes you look like an ass.
Chapter 19, page 7. First line:
That's the very first line of the first "actual" page for that volume. Ignoring that "went out of the highway" is incorrect, the line would look so much better formatted like this:
The non-shitty way of doing it:
One line in and it's already wrong. And that's only the way it's formatted. Overall, the lines are awkwardly sized and poorly positioned. Not to mention I think the two last lines on that page have had their bubbles mixed up.

Tran Linh wrote:
The host server was for the group and it's all back to the group use of raw and hosting service. If there's personal use, XscansX would have been a abandoned place now.
I have no idea what you're trying to say. Your train of thought seems to have skipped a station or two. Does any of this justify not using megaupload?

I would be more specific comparing the two groups' editing, but I'm mainly a typesetter so that's what I feel the most qualified to nitpick. Both releases are MQ, end of story.

I sincerely doubt that my English is as poor as yours. Still, feel free to teach me about the error of my ways.
Back to top Go down
Tran Linh
Tran Linh

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:15 pm

hmmm...XscansX's reason for not being interested in the manga was stated a few chapters earlier. It was because of me, who was the lone translator for it, was not interested in doing it regularly (because I have like 10 or 12 projects currently. Still, I do it because it was requested from one of my best friends in scanlation. But then, when I took the trouble to translate and XscansX's staff edit the work, people just came over and insulted us. I raged quit the series and logged in the XscansX account to write that. Still, I never wrote that "XscansX drop the series", the closest thing I wrote is that "We might be dropping" But then after seeing how many people supporting the series, I changed my mind and decided to released chapter 22 with an announcement of "continue doing Nozoki Ana"...and the moment I released the chapter 22. Blackwingscans showed up with their chapters and insults to us. That fueled me more on such arrogant attitude. I called back some of my connection, and XscansX's staff decided to fight, and here we are.

@Unknown, if you don't like us, you can go to Blackwingscans and post there (like you could do that, because that blog has enough notoriety of bashing people and being bashed back badly so that group has to turn off every release comment. Unlike us, we talk and we are not afraid to talk. You don't like our work, it's your own opinion, you like other "quality", you can do it, who can stop you? I don't actually care, to be honest, just that, the way you put it make us look like we are the bad one here and I can't really relate to that. You don't have to post here if you don't like it, you know? Btw, what are you doing here if you only read Blackwingscan's release?

Btw, the translation is good because we have good proofreader :X, he's the infamous guy who failed like some thousand applications for the proofreader/quality checker position =.=
Back to top Go down
unknown
Meh...
Meh...

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:35 pm

Tran Linh wrote:
the way you put it make us look like we are the bad one here and I can't really relate to that.
I don't believe I've said you were in the wrong from a moral standpoint. It's a sticky situation, they were given reason to believe you'd be dropping it, squabble happened, the situation escalated. What I have said is that their releases are of better quality.

I'm here on your forums because I downloaded both releases in order to judge fairly. I appreciate the hard work both groups have put down, but I do not appreciate that you look down on Black Wing despite their releases being of equal or better quality than yours.

Quote :
you like other "quality"
Yes, I prefer better quality releases. I understand that you take offense to my critique, but how about you remove that armor of ignorance and sarcasm and take an honest look at both releases?
Back to top Go down
Koro
Champion of the spamming league!
Champion of the spamming league!
Koro

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:41 pm

@Tran: thibautnsr was referring to the accuracy of the translation, not the proofreading. I do try to remain as close to your translation as possible in terms of the literal meaning though.

@thibautnsr: Excellent Razz I'm in no position to judge (since I work for one group my opinion would probably be bias), and I have no desire to read the same chapters several times, so it's good to have an outside perspective.
Back to top Go down
thibautnsr

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 12:49 pm

you are welcome KORO me i like to check every release and compare them and i'm roraly neutral but that true after comparing works yours is better in my opinion so i will check the other when you will release have a nice day
Back to top Go down
Ser_Destroyer
Meh...
Meh...
Ser_Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 1:49 pm

I just love scanlation drama when it brings me faster releases!
Having to click 3-4 times + wait for the ad stuff to just download a chapter is a bother so can i suggest having the links under Code tabs like this:
Code:

http://depositfiles.com/en/folders/TR4ABK438
It would make it much easier to get your scans!
You can also keep the clickable links for those who are horrified at the thought of copy-pasting stuff Razz
Back to top Go down
Weaper
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
Weaper

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Ser_Destroyer wrote:
I just love scanlation drama when it brings me faster releases!
Having to click 3-4 times + wait for the ad stuff to just download a chapter is a bother so can i suggest having the links under Code tabs like this:
Code:

http://depositfiles.com/en/folders/TR4ABK438
It would make it much easier to get your scans!
You can also keep the clickable links for those who are horrified at the thought of copy-pasting stuff Razz
that's for sure but I think that you have to register on the forum to see those kind of code, and if we simply paste the DL link adf.ly arrive. I don't think that everyone is willing to register to be abnle to DL the chap...
Back to top Go down
http://www.sunkenrock.com
Ser_Destroyer
Meh...
Meh...
Ser_Destroyer

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 2:06 pm

Not really i just opened this thread with a different browser and i can still see the code there (i'm not logged in there ofc)
Moreover they could wrap it in a spolier tag and slap it in the main post so we would have even less clicks to do.
Back to top Go down
thibautnsr

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 3:45 pm

TRAN i'm really sorry if you misunderstood my post i prefer your release because the traduction suite to the caracters i said that i like both type setting but your's is better to my opinion
deeply sorry TRAN i'm your ally Cool
have a nice evening
Back to top Go down
DragoZERO
Meh...
Meh...
DragoZERO

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 3:51 pm

It is a shame that this is all going on while there are plenty of other series to be scanlated. I do think that the first group to stop will be the better one.

And you guys really should think of a better way for readers to download your releases. Maybe make a release blog with MF/MU links and link to it from here.

On a side note: here's a proper volume three batch with fixed ToC and omake all in one neat folder:
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?r7pww7to8t55336
Back to top Go down
Calad

PostSubject: heh   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:31 pm

this war is pointless... though I feel like blackwing is winning.

you guys are reorganizing your whole organization just to compete against one man... you guys are wasting a lot more precious resources to do a similar job.
Back to top Go down
Tran Linh
Tran Linh

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 4:51 pm

to be honest, we know that they had the advantage...they said it themselves that they already started doing it when we first released chapter 20 (13 days ago). We still try to catch up and because the staff was hyped and all, we could do like 10 chapters a day so I don't think we were at any disadvantage there at all. But indeed. it's costly and a waste of time to do pointless war that no one would be winning. At least, XscansX's members understand what's the best for it, a joint is necessary and it will save a lot of trouble and work. In short, we are not backing down, if it's best for the group then that's what we do. End of story.
Back to top Go down
antonus

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:38 am

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
JBL

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 1:51 am

cant wait for VOLUME 5 - the most freaking interesting VOLUME in this manga !
Back to top Go down
JBL

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 11:50 pm

a peek from black wing [ im just gonna sum it up - Nozoki ana ]

" Farewell Gift"

We never should have touched Nozoki Ana.
This project only brought us pain.

Nozoki Ana will be dropped by Black Wing and given to XscansX. They will continue the project alone.
We won't be joining on it.

-end
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3   Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nozoki Ana 25-26-27+ batch volume 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top