Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sadofu
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
Sadofu

Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. Empty
PostSubject: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:54 pm

Hello Masters, I have already perfected the art of proofreading, but the great Tran Linh told me I must know how to type set before I can become a true proofreader. I request you, the masters to teach me this sacred art so I can fulfill my destiny and become GPB (Great Proofreader Budbudbadaf). I personally would like to work on Underdog on which I also have no kowledge but can gain if I read a couple of chapters of of it.

ありがと ございます。
Back to top Go down
Sadofu
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
Sadofu

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 5:59 pm

Oh masters I could also do GTO if you need me to as I fucking love that series and have read Bad Company, Shonan Junai Gumi and Great Teacher Onizuka so I have good knowledge on GTO
Back to top Go down
Rakan
Back to being a hatchling xD
Rakan

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:00 pm

As for Underdog we are yet to have the first chapter finished (although its a matter of time) im biting my nails waiting for that release and i too needa learn to typeset
Back to top Go down
Sadofu
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
Sadofu

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:04 pm

As you have already been taught by the master on how to clean, you shall be my 先輩 (Senpai)
Back to top Go down
Cock Poster
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:06 pm

Typsetting is rather easy, I'll tell you the basics right now.

1) main wording for all manga is wild words
- When yelling use wild words bold
- When screaming use a font that fits
2) Always center the text in the bubbles, it must be dead center, or as close as possible.
- Always have the text center aligned
3) Make it readable, however do not make it too big.
4) I'm still learning too, so there's not much I can say
Back to top Go down
Rakan
Rakan

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:07 pm

I think once special of Love Junkies is done being Translated i will try type setting that
Back to top Go down
Tran Linh
Trollin' the forums since 1981
Trollin' the forums since 1981
Tran Linh

Location : in a maid cafe in Akiba? or behind you? who knows :O

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:17 pm

I think it will be more easier if someone can give us some examples on how to do it.
For example: a cleaned page with an available translation? And the steps to apply the words into the cleaned page?
Back to top Go down
https://xscansx.forummotion.com
Sadofu
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
Sadofu

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:23 pm

The thing is that I actually really want to be a proofreader and Tran Linh told me they you guys needed a quality controller, so I will have to proofread a chapter and if there are any mistake I would have to change it straight away therefore i would need to learn how to typeset for that. But I could always typeset and the proofread what I've done for a chapter which also works.
Back to top Go down
Cock Poster
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:30 pm

Tran Linh wrote:
I think it will be more easier if someone can give us some examples on how to do it.
For example: a cleaned page with an available translation? And the steps to apply the words into the cleaned page?
Wasn't that already done with Frozen?
Back to top Go down
demonspawn
The spamming demon from hell
demonspawn

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:45 pm

Guys, keep him as a proofreader/QC

You don't have access to the PSD'S so the typesetter will have to change the mistakes anyway :/
Back to top Go down
Sadofu
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
Sadofu

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:47 pm

what do you mean by PSD'S?
Back to top Go down
Rakan
Rakan

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:48 pm

U would need photoshop to read psd
Back to top Go down
Sadofu
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
Sadofu

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:52 pm

i got photoshop.
Back to top Go down
demonspawn
demonspawn

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 6:56 pm

PSD is a file format native to photoshop. All layer's are visible and you are able to edit them.
We send each other PNG's which do not have layer's and everything is merged into one solid layer.

You need the PSD in order to edit the text properly.
Back to top Go down
Sadofu
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
Sadofu

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:05 pm

So if you want me to be proofreader or QC do you want to test me or something?
Back to top Go down
demonspawn
demonspawn

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:09 pm

bottom right
right to left: he hell are you doing Hiromi~~~~// don't just fucking stand there hurry up take down that kid!!

bottom left
right to left: see this!?// that god damn kid shot me!!// that god damn kid you gave birth to!!

up
right to left: and now look at that!! it's all because your piss poor up bringing// so just finish him up already!!// just go and stab him with thaaaaaaaaaatt!!

bottom right
right: just what are you doing.....
left: being tempted by your boyfriend to stab her own son

bottom left
right: protecting your child with your body and soul is what parents must do!!
left: yet.... you were trying to stab your own child, just what the fuck is that!!!

up
right: for Seiya-kun your his mother!// and he's hell bent trying to save and protect you!!
left: but.... but you------

fix the red text and apply

Code:
[color=red]red[/color]

around your corrections
Back to top Go down
demonspawn
demonspawn

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:10 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?ubxu10ei3dxp4v4

this is the difference between a PSD and a PNG
Back to top Go down
Sadofu
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
Sadofu

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:17 pm

before i start with this code red where do i put the word i changed to turn it into red?
Back to top Go down
Sadofu
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
Sadofu

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:17 pm

oh i get it dont worry
Back to top Go down
Sadofu
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
Sadofu

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:30 pm

bottom right
right to left: what the hell are you doing Hiromi!?// don't just fucking stand there hurry up and bring down that kid!!

bottom left
right to left: see this!?// that god damn kid shot me!!// the god damn kid you gave birth to!!

up
right to left: and now look at him!! it's all because your poor up bringing// so just finish him up already!!// just go and stab him with that !!

bottom right
right: just what are you doing???
left: being tempted by your boyfriend to stab your own son

bottom left
left: yet.... you are trying to stab your own child, just what the fuck are you!!!

up
right: for Seiya-kun your his mother!// and he's always been trying to save and protect you!!
left: but.... but you....
Back to top Go down
Sadofu
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
Sadofu

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:32 pm

changing this- it's all because of your poor up bringing
Back to top Go down
demonspawn
demonspawn

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:45 pm

bottom right
right to left: {what}the hell are you doing Hiromi~~~~// don't just fucking stand there hurry up take down that kid!!

bottom left
right to left: see this!?// that god damn kid shot me!!// that god damn kid you gave birth to!!

up
right to left: and now look at that!! it's all because {of}your piss poor up bringing// so just finish him up(cut "up") already!!// just go and stab him with thaaaaaaaaaatt!!

bottom right
right: just what are you doing.....
left: being tempted by your boyfriend to stab her own son

bottom left
left: yet.... you were trying to stab your own child, just (cut "just")what the fuck is that!!!

up
right: for Seiya-kun your(you're) his mother!// and he's hell bent{on} trying to save and protect you!!
left: but.... but you------
Back to top Go down
Sadofu
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
Sadofu

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:49 pm

for some of the corrections i didnt know who was saying it so i didnt know what to correct, so if i could have the page as well then it would be easier
Back to top Go down
Sadofu
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
Sadofu

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:50 pm

even though some of my corrections arent the same as yours they still work with the sentence
Back to top Go down
demonspawn
demonspawn

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. EmptyMon Nov 22, 2010 7:54 pm

bottom right
right to left: what the hell are you doing Hiromi!?// don't just fucking stand there hurry up and bring down that kid!!

I belive Take down was in a stop him sense, rather than a he is up high sense, but this is out of context so I can't blame you.

leave the ~~~~ as that's what's in the manga.

bottom left
right to left: see this!?// that god damn kid shot me!!// the god damn kid you gave birth to!!

that or the is a preference works either way but I agree the sounds better.

up
right to left: and now look at him!! it's all because your poor up bringing// so just finish him up already!!// just go and stab him with that !!

of your piss poor, is better than just your poor. cut up.
so just finish him up already!!
or
so just finish him already!!
(sounds better without up)

bottom right
right: just what are you doing???
left: being tempted by your boyfriend to stab your own son

I totally missed her own, good job I like it.

bottom left
left: yet.... you are trying to stab your own child, just what the fuck are you!!!

leave were, its past tense not present. and remove just.

up
right: for Seiya-kun your his mother!// and he's always been trying to save and protect you!!
left: but.... but you....

Your = you're
you are his mother,

There is a replacement test that will tell you for certain which word will fit. Read your sentence with "you are" in place of the "your/you're," intended. If it makes sense, then "you're" would be right. If not, then "your" would fit. You could also replace "your" with "my" in the sentence. If it fits, then use "your."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.   Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset. Empty

Back to top Go down

Masters of XscansX I request you to teach me how to typeset.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top