Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Chapter 29 DRAMA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rakan
Back to being a hatchling xD
Rakan

Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:01 pm

Unfortunately its not my room to respond to what you are saying here, i will leave the proper response to my Bosses Demonspawn, Tran Linh or zetto
Back to top Go down
ccp
well, at least it's better than meh

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:04 pm

Oh, and I might as well add that our translation of chapter 29 was done back in July, before our hiatus, and though I'm not sure how to prove this, the fact that we've got at least 10 more translations ready (yes, beyond chapter 33 or whatever chapter you stopped at) will surely prove that we don't need your translations, especially if they stop after chapter 32. Hell I can start working on chapter 42 right now if I want to because I've got the materials to do so and have it released by the end of this week-end. Will that prove our good faith, or will you accuse us of invading your translator's brain to guess in advance what he'll translate in later chapters? Hell I wouldn't be surprised, considering how common sense seems to have gone out the window.
Back to top Go down
demonspawn
The spamming demon from hell
demonspawn

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:09 pm

I have to say I DID NOT ask for a ban on your group, Tran Linh may have, but all I know he did was write the thread, After that I even posted in it(Mod deleted the thread) that we might as well just wait till we get to chapter 33 to see if this indeed was the case. However, it would have been more professional to have contacted us beforehand and asked for the series because I don't know about you but there are enough raw manga out there that I personally don't mind dropping a series if another group will release it.

Now about the whole DRAMA shit going on, I'll let Tran Linh comment about that, he hasn't mentioned anything about requesting a ban on you guys, the mod's might have just went ahead and done it because of his post? I dunno.

Anyway, as long as you guys keep up the work on GTO I personally see nothing wrong with your group taking over, hell, I have other stuff to do. But yes I will personally straighten shit out with the mods on mangafox for you guys.
Back to top Go down
demonspawn
demonspawn

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:17 pm

Oh before I forget, I would like some form of verification that you are indeed an authentic group, as a simple google search of Sentōsha scans returned three hits
1) sentosha Fansubs (anime subs)
2) our site
3) Ayakashi Group

manga updates has no results for
Sentōsha
or
Sentosha
Back to top Go down
ccp

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:18 pm

Thank you. I apologize for letting my temper get the better of me. But the fact remains that our release was deleted from mangafox and our team banned from it, and it most likely stems from Tran Linh's unfounded accusation, so I hope we can sort that out.

Addressing your second issue: As I mentioned in my email to ChaosMaster (which I included in my previous post), we have actually been scanlating Shonan 14Days since chapter 17. We have gone on hiatus after chapter 23 and we now understand this was probably misinterpreted as us dropping the project, and as I said, we're sorry about that. Considering that we "were here before", however childish that may sound, we didn't think it'd be necessary to warn anyone when we went back into activity. Anyway, if you abided by those rules of warning the previous scanlator beforehand yourselves, you should have warned us, right? Since we were the one to release the last chapters before you did chapter 25. Well, not that we took a grudge for that or anything, everyone's free to scanlate what he pleases [without getting banned from manga readers for no reason by rival teams.........]. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Last edited by ccp on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ccp

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:21 pm

About your second post: Google searchs give nothing because we've never had a site or anything, we were mostly releasing on manga readers like onemanga and manga-toshokan before they were taken down. Mangafox took some of our chapters as well. For example, the chapter 17 that is hosted on Mangafox is ours, they just took the credit page out for some reason. Mangafox's chapter 23 is from some poor guy who stole our cleans (I still have the PSDs to prove this) and added his own shitty translation in in Comic Sans (urgh...). Same goes for Mangafox's chapter 24, except this time the cleans were LQ, so we don't mind as much. Well, as you can see, shit's often happened to us, but in these proportions, no.

However, we are indeed related to Sentōsha fansubs.
Back to top Go down
ChaosMaster
You Can (Not) Escape
You Can (Not) Escape
ChaosMaster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:25 pm

We didn't ask you guys because you weren't the last group who did it. The last few releases was done by EATWITHFORKS or Ta946. I personally talked with Ta946. His on a trip oversea's currently and won't be back anytime soon. Eatwithforks didn't leave a credits page, nor can we find a website of there's so we couldn't get into contact with them anyways.
Back to top Go down
ccp

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:28 pm

As I said, that eatwithforks guy stole our cleans. I still have the PSDs to prove this. We'd released chapter 23 before he did, and he just took the translation out and added his own. Mangafox just uploaded his version for some reason. I insist, we were the last to work on S14D before you picked it up.

Well, you couldn't have known that, so that was probably another misunderstanding. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

edit: And since you mention that "Ta946" guy... Ask him where he got his cleans. I unfortunately tossed out the PSDs for chapter 24 since they were LQ so I can't prove he stole them from us, but I distinctly recognize my SFX editing on them. Compare them to the SFX editing I did on chapter 29, they're the same. This goes to show that people have often stolen stuff in our releases, and in our case we've actually got TANGIBLE PROOF of this, but we've never been to the extent of banning anyone.

Last edited by ccp on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
demonspawn
demonspawn

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:29 pm

Oh about the releases, we check with mangaupdates based on release to see what is taken, as it is quick and easy. As I posted before hand mangaupdates has no record of your releases and stated that the last GTO release was 9 months before we started it. Thus it should be open right? anyway, I am currently contacting the mods in Mangafox please hold on.
Back to top Go down
ccp

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:33 pm

Ah, right. Well the problem with mangaupdates is that it relies on users' updates, and we've never really bothered with that site. Since no one from Sentōsha updated it and I guess no one else did on our account, no wonder it shows nothing about us.

I'm a bit of an old-fashioned scanlator, having been in this for a while, so I used to rely more on IRC releases, Mangahelpers, and viable manga readers like Manga-Toshokan and to some extent Onemanga. As you probably saw these last 9months or so, the situation changed considerably for all the sites mentioned (and not everyone uses IRC) so this probably added to the confusion.
Back to top Go down
demonspawn
demonspawn

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:42 pm

And One copy for all you guys,
Quote :
Hello,

I have no idea why this happened, but I have been informed you guys banned Sentōsha scanlations for posting translations from our group XscansX. Tran Linh might have reported it, I didn't and I wasn't informed about it. Anyway, I personally do not think that they broke any infringement and until proof that they did I would like them to be unbanned if it is possible. So that they can reupload chapter 29 of GTO (the chapter in question).

If you have any questions you can reach us at xscansx.forummotion.com
PM me the questions my username on that site is demonspawn

So on behalf of my team,
We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience this may have or has caused.

Sincerely,

demonspawn
and now we wait
Back to top Go down
ChaosMaster
You Can (Not) Escape
You Can (Not) Escape
ChaosMaster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:45 pm

OK, so that's all done and dealt with. CCP, what do you wish to do now. I believe you said you wanted to continue GTO, and that's fine with us. If you want to work as a Joint that's also fine. As Long as the releases are constant, and not exceedingly slow, then I believe no one will complain. Oh and please do try keeping the scans quality higher, I find that I had to zoom into some chapters to read the smaller text, and then they would become unclear.

Oh and LoLz, my copy of Ch29 is still sitting and rotting.

Last edited by ChaosMaster on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ccp

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:46 pm

Thank you very much. I apologize for my impoliteness, that was probably unladylike of me ^^ I'm glad things look like they're going to improve. Well, it's getting a bit late in my time zone so I'll go to sleep, I'll handle any other matters in the morning. Feel free to contact me if anything other problems that need my intervention arise, comecomeparadise@hotmail.fr.
Back to top Go down
demonspawn
demonspawn

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:49 pm

ChaosMaster wrote:
OK, so that's all done and dealt with. CCP, what do you wish to do now. I believe you said you wanted to continue GTO, and that's fine with us. If you want to work as a Joint that's also fine. As Long as the releases are constant, and not exceedingly slow, then I believe no one will complain. Oh and please do try keeping the scans quality higher, I find that I had to zoom into some chapters to read the smaller text, and then they would become unclear.

Oh and LoLz, my copy of Ch29 is still sitting and rotting.

Nah we'll still finish this volume of GTO 14 Days and release it as a batch volume.

ccp wrote:
Thank you very much. I apologize for my impoliteness, that was probably unladylike of me ^^ I'm glad things look like they're going to improve. Well, it's getting a bit late in my time zone so I'll go to sleep, I'll handle any other matters in the morning. Feel free to contact me if anything other problems that need my intervention arise, comecomeparadise@hotmail.fr.

It's alright I'd probably respond the same way ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Last edited by demonspawn on Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ccp

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:50 pm

@ChaosMaster: Higher quality? Our scans are in HQ. You can download the chapter if you like to check that: http://www.mediafire.com/?zi6wwafco8a55w2. Believe me, I've been scanlating in HQ for years now and have been involved with very serious groups (most recent being Mangastream) and I know what HQ is. However the fact that Mangafox resizes and recompresses files when they are uploaded does tend to wreck the quality. But in our release's original format, I personally made sure that every single block of text is readable in a normal zoom.
Back to top Go down
ChaosMaster
You Can (Not) Escape
You Can (Not) Escape
ChaosMaster

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:54 pm

Yeah, your quality is fine. I guess it was MangaFox what resized it that caused the problems.
Back to top Go down
demonspawn
demonspawn

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:54 pm

I have to agree, their release is more of a "take home" style than an online reader style
Back to top Go down
ccp

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:55 pm

Which is why we include a mediafire link on our credit pages =)
Back to top Go down
demonspawn
demonspawn

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:56 pm

although after comparing the double pages in your release to ours I am proud of my redraw skills Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cock Poster
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:56 pm

Is this shit over now? A quarrel among scanlation teams never goes well :/
/(Had to get in one post before it was all over)
Back to top Go down
ccp

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:59 pm

Yes, I do think that you did very well on the spreads as well. Redrawing was never my speciality and I'll admit I had a very hard time with those ^^'
[Just a hint, though: you often forget to correct bleed-throughs Wink]
Back to top Go down
demonspawn
demonspawn

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:59 pm

@ CP
No man you missed it
Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 12895310

Last edited by demonspawn on Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
demonspawn
demonspawn

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:00 pm

ccp wrote:
Yes, I do think that you did very well on the spreads as well. Redrawing was never my speciality and I'll admit I had a very hard time with those ^^'
[Just a hint, though: you often forget to correct bleed-throughs Wink]

bleed throughs? what do you mean? reading up on it now, and lol I've only been doing this for a couple of months,

OH do you mean noise filtering?

Last edited by demonspawn on Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rakan
Rakan

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:04 pm

Id like to say sorry for calling you guys assholes wasn't very nice of me Sad was only pissed cuz Frozen works hard on translations and DS works hard on his redraws (i still suck at most redraws)
Back to top Go down
ccp

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:05 pm

http://www.ruinevil.com/rawr/editguide/4.html point 4.5). That is, when the other side of the page shows up through the page. https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img638/5827/gto1404125.jpg

And no, I do not mean noise filtering, that's another business ^^

@Rakan: Well, it's understandable. Our translator works hard too (and have him being called a thief is pretty insulting) and I work hard too, and yet we've often had our works stolen, like I previously pointed out. I know what it's like Smile Thank you for your apologies.

And I really need to go sleep ><

Last edited by ccp on Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 29 DRAMA   Chapter 29 DRAMA - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chapter 29 DRAMA

View previous topic View next topic Back to top