Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Haruhilulu
Minions Unite!
Minions Unite!
Haruhilulu

Location : At my desk, reading/watching/playing anime, manga mmo's

SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? Empty
PostSubject: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 11:56 pm

I shall be speaking in third person in this forum because I wanted too.
Haru went broke,
she spent it all on sakuracon buying prints and doujinshi's.. That reminds me.. WHO WANTS TO TRANSLATE A Hope x Lightning (FF13) DOUJINSHI and Saito x Chizuru (Hakuoki) DOUJINSHI?
And Haru depends on birthday, christmas, easter, every other holiday moolah.
Haru needs to earn dem money, not by dem magikal holidays...
Okay enough of this, I am actually quite fickle about this you guys :S I want to do commissions, drawing commissions over the internet because people I know in real life just don't want my drawings, meaning that they can't afford it because the students in my school are poor -.- also most of the students do not really like anime.. And some actually do request commissions but they are ducking (yes, ducking) hard, such as my recent commission was drawing Jesus, and my hand just died of sadness (but I was able to satisfy my customer.. Who is a friend)
So.. Yeah..
If you guys are wondering about the price here:
Sketch: $1-2
Inked: $2-3
Colored: $5
Digital Sketch: $8
Digitally Colored (the most expensive): $10
And I don't charge with BG or even people (urr I probably don't make sense because of my grammar, basically I just don't charge people when they ask I should do a background or doing a group image of 5 people)... So.. Yeah I've been trying to advertise in school but its not working... Not working at all..
*sobbing*
....Now if you guys think my drawings are shit I can put the price down lower xD!
...So now idk what to do.. Should I do it :U.....?
Back to top Go down
Dreams
Maniac =.=!
Maniac =.=!
Dreams

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:11 am

... can't find a part-time job?
not saying this won't work haruhi
if it's just us i'm sure it's fine but if you're doing this publicly you really need to build a portfolio before anything xD
Back to top Go down
Haruhilulu
Minions Unite!
Minions Unite!
Haruhilulu

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:15 am

I'm 15 Dreams also my parents really don't trust me to get a job yet xD,
LOL again I'm only 15 I am a total amatuer, not just yet, I'll show you examples and such but I am a complete amateur Dreams xD!
That is why I putted my drawings, really cheap compared to others, unless you too call it expensive and I had to go down to... Make my drawings 5 cents.. OTL
Besides, you really don't need a portfolio unless you are 20, I am building my portfolio for college though LOL.
Back to top Go down
Dreams
Maniac =.=!
Maniac =.=!
Dreams

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:19 am

no i mean the price is really cheap
it's just that if you're selling for us it's hard
cause ain't about half of us here art students? lol
if you are doing it publicly you should just use something to post your examples/portfolio work to show what you can do.
i used to use my tumblr to post my arts just haven't went back to it since i started college
might start doing that again tho.
I been just using tumblr for ranting/reblogging whatever was cool lol
since i'm on break now probably starting that up

so yeah you should try that too =p
Back to top Go down
Parallax
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
Parallax

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:25 am

Your art is pretty good. I subbed on deviantart a while back...

Dude, my friend from school is able to sell his drawings to people... usually $20 a pop.

What he does is requests... they send him an image (usually anime) and he draws it out with sharpie on a big poster board. Thats it! And people are really impressed and like it!

So idk.. I know you'll find people IRL who will enjoy your art eventually. I guess advertising here can't do any harm as (obviously) people here will be more into anime style art.

On a side note, I think you should just get a part time job... self-marketing your art won't be profitable at this stage IMO. (Doesn't mean you can't have fun and try it).
Back to top Go down
Haruhilulu
Minions Unite!
Minions Unite!
Haruhilulu

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:54 am

@Dreams, durp durp alright I suppose Razz I'll just show sketches and stuff see what i could do Razz

@Parallax, yes and I thank you for that xD!
And wow, *sobs* most people here do want to buy it, but. Usually.. They pretend that they pay me back, would it be better if they pay me first? xD
Nah I don't want it too be profitable at all, just want to have fun and see if people my art or not, I felt inspired in Sakuracon so I wanted to do some commissions.
Also, no matter what even a dollar, or just ten bucks I can live with any money really, personally it just accumulates and like I said only 15. Also I have many months before my next convention Razz!
Back to top Go down
Dreams
Maniac =.=!
Maniac =.=!
Dreams

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 12:56 am

lol i hate that
you're friends with them
and then they say i'll pay you back xD
Back to top Go down
Haruhilulu
Minions Unite!
Minions Unite!
Haruhilulu

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:05 am

LOL and a few months later........
They never give you the moolah.. DURP, anyway.. xD So yeah, I'll show you guys examples of sketches, because usually they are more better than my inked and colored? IDKWHY
Back to top Go down
Dreams
Maniac =.=!
Maniac =.=!
Dreams

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:17 am

don't worry i like my sketches more too =p
ink never works out for me lol
Back to top Go down
Parallax
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
Parallax

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:22 am

Haha, you'd probably make a killing at anime north over here...
Back to top Go down
Haruhilulu
Minions Unite!
Minions Unite!
Haruhilulu

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:23 am

I'm still training haha~ Well I do love inking its just that.. I never make them feel alive xD!
So far this is only my best inked (free hand) drawing xD
http://harululu.deviantart.com/art/Raison-D-etre-199174104?q=gallery%3Aharululu%2F13987454&qo=7

@Parallax, I dun get it.
Back to top Go down
Parallax
Dragon Hatchling!
Dragon Hatchling!
Parallax

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:30 am

Lol, i'm just saying artists usually do well at my local anime convention.
Back to top Go down
Dreams
Maniac =.=!
Maniac =.=!
Dreams

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:35 am

haruhi you should just start a webcomic =)
Back to top Go down
Haruhilulu
Minions Unite!
Minions Unite!
Haruhilulu

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 1:42 am

@Parallax, oooh... OOOH :U *Le gasp* Well.. I think because of the billions of dollars in debt of my state :'D I don't expect big bucks now..

@Dreams, I wish I could but LOL NO MOTIVATION, I have ideas, but I wouldn't mind teaming up with a person with the story and I could just draw it xD!
Back to top Go down
Dreams
Maniac =.=!
Maniac =.=!
Dreams

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 3:14 am

=O oh man
i want to write a shoujo love story just cause you are willing to draw it out LMAO
i'm way to lazy to do it myself cause i'm more into designin than drawing xD
Back to top Go down
Haruhilulu
Minions Unite!
Minions Unite!
Haruhilulu

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 11:50 pm

Do it then, LOL I NEED A COMIC IN MY PORTFOLIO.
Back to top Go down
Dreams
Maniac =.=!
Maniac =.=!
Dreams

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 12:08 am

hmmmm hmmmm so temped now LMAO
i have so many stolen ideas it's gunna take awhile for me to come up with a story give me some time lol
while i do that =p
you can draw me a few characters for main xD
Back to top Go down
uuuhhh
Minions Unite!
Minions Unite!
uuuhhh

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 12:58 am

Haru only got dem digital money (paypal)
If you can, give me something like Dream's Ava (basically a sexy girl LOL)
digital colored and ill give you $9.55 USD (that .55 is annoying lol)
hey its almost full price lol
do you want me to pay first or you draw first? (probably me pay first Smile )
Back to top Go down
SilentKiller
Minions! Minions Everywhere!
Minions! Minions Everywhere!
SilentKiller

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 12:08 pm

Omg I really encourage you to sell your artworks! However you might not want to expect too much yet >.< either way gambatte! I wouldn't mind buying but I don't have hold of any of my credit stuff [my parents think I'll spend them on useless things..which well of course I would..but..:/] Unless you want money transfer LOL
Back to top Go down
http://NYAN NYAN.com
Haruhilulu
Minions Unite!
Minions Unite!
Haruhilulu

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 12:00 am

@uuuuhh, I can only accept.. Dem real USD... Well I could ask my brother to make me a penpal *le gasp* LEWRJELWKJR I want toons of commissions, but ffff xD JUST WAIT, I WANT THAT MOOLAH *grabby hands*

@Silent, Oh of course! LOL I'm never to high confident about it anyway xD I know how sales go durp durp! xD Just want little cash thats it

@Dreams, that is so specific, if its shoujo then I'll just draw dem girls.. xD...*sketches them up*
Spoiler:
Its not good because it was only a 10 minute doodle =3=
Just give me specific details laater :U
Back to top Go down
uuuhhh
Minions Unite!
Minions Unite!
uuuhhh

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 2:05 am

D:
Can I send by mail then? You live somewhere in the US or Canada? idk
PM me ur address so I can send moolah lol (no Im not a stalker D:)
Back to top Go down
Haruhilulu
Minions Unite!
Minions Unite!
Haruhilulu

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 2:41 pm

I live in the US *le gasp* That is what I was thinking :U But.. Lets wait durp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?   SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU? Empty

Back to top Go down

SHOULD I (Haru) DO DEM COMMISSSSIONS FOOR YOOU?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: XscansX's Help Forum!! :: General help!-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com